Anti-Baha'i site

All research or scholarship questions
British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Omid,

I dont think its a good idea to contact him. Reason being, because its pretty obvious he knows what he is doing is wrong (i.e. he is putting false facts about the Bahai faith online).

You're only wasting your time with him.

I say, go teach a receptive soul about the beauty of this dispensation - thats much more worthwhile than trying to make a mad-man admit to his manipulative schemes which he is conjuring up.

Remember: "Eschew all friendship with the ungodly" <-- DISCLAIMER!! before anyone posts a message and starts debating with me, I am fully aware that i am in no position to judge whether someone is "godly" or not. I have referred to this quote and am likening him to "ungodly" because this individual has PURPOSEFULLY created a website with bad intentions - to create disunity and cause confusion).

p.s. dont give out your full name, lol.

peace.

British_Bahai

Re: I need help!

Postby British_Bahai » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:07 am

otownsend wrote:Dear Omid:

Thank you for your feedback on bahaiawareness.com

It is true that I have received many emails from Bahais - most of them whom have never written back to substantiate all that they said about the web site.

I welcome contructive criticism and suggestions with open hands and heart.

I keenly await your feedback.

Regards
Imran
&
otownsend wrote:British Bahai,

The citation of facts and references is only a small matter, in the end it comes down to Faith and true belief. Perhaps we can offer a little honey...

Yes, it has been written in the writings that the faith is going to experience attacks from outside. Thats inevitable. But have u read this ?
Gleanings from the Writings of Bahaullah, page 72 wrote: Behold how in this Dispensation the worthless and foolish have fondly imagined that by such instruments as massacre, plunder and banishment they can extinguish the Lamp which the Hand of Divine power hath lit, or eclipse the Day Star of everlasting splendor. How utterly unaware they seem to be of the truth that such adversity is the oil that feedeth the flame of this Lamp! Such is God's transforming power. He changeth whatsoever He willeth; He verily hath power over all things....
Now I know that we are not dealing with massacre, but the essence of its message is that the progress of the Faith will only be decided by Gods will. So, yes, even though some people might stumble across this site - in the longrun it has no effect on the progress of the faith.

If this guy sincerely meant what he has said (see quoted letter at the top of my message) and by wanting to keep the visitors of his website accurately informed regarding simple facts of the Bahai faith (after receiving God knows how many emails from Bahais) he would have looked into this issue and made a reasonable attempt to resolve it. Clearly he has not.

We also dont know who this person is and are not allowed to communicate with covenant breakers.

There are too many sites like this.

Dont kill your time with him. Seriously.

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:09 am

Imran Shaykh writes "articles" without source or anything.

His idea is to make a clean looking site that people can stumble upon and just buy what they read without further investigation.

It doesn't fool the intelligent investigating crowd, who would see that not a single piece of primary source material confirms (rather contradicts) EVERYTHING imran shaykh says.

it ONLY fools the centophobic muslim crowd, who feel the dogmas they have come to know and love, threatened by the very existence of the Baha'i Faith, and need a quick read to make themselves sleep better at night, "knowing* that surely anything that contradicts those beloved dogmas must be fallacious in every which way from its very foundation. mhmm. Imran Shaykh could write that Baha'i's are aliens from the planet mercury and his readers will believe it.

sometimes these types of sites add "sources" to Baha'i books that dont exist, OR Baha'i books that exist but you go to the page and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what was being "referenced." Imran Shaykh and others do this because they know a slightly more intelligent (yet centophobic) crowd would desire a source, but knows they wont go out of their way to see if the source actually checks out or not.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:13 am

Keyvan wrote:sometimes these types of sites add "sources" to Baha'i books that dont exist, OR Baha'i books that exist but you go to the page and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what was being "referenced." Imran Shaykh and others do this because they know a slightly more intelligent (yet centophobic) crowd would desire a source, but knows they wont go out of their way to see if the source actually checks out or not.

Amen to that.

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Imran Shaykh doesnt realize hes helping us more than hes hurting us...in a weird way:

But after I leave, some people may arise in opposition, heaping persecutions upon you in their bitterness, and in the newspapers there may be articles published against the Cause. Rest ye in the assurance of firmness. Be well poised and serene, remembering that this is only as the harmless twittering of sparrows and that it will soon pass away. If such things do not happen, the fame of the Cause will not become widespread, and the summons of God will not be heard. Consider the history of the past. Recall, for instance, the days of Christ and the events subsequent thereto. How many were the books written against Him! What calumnies were attributed to Him! How violent were the utterances in the temples against Him! How many the accusations! What hatred and persecution! How they scoffed at Him in derision and contempt! Consider the titles and epithets they bestowed upon His majesty! They even designated Him Beelzebub -- Satan. They said Beelzebub had been captured and crucified. They placed a crown of thorns upon Beelzebub's head and paraded Him through the streets. This was the name the Jews bestowed upon Christ; it is written in the Gospel. There were many other forms of reviling and persecution, spitting in His beautiful face, cursing and anathematizing, bowing backward toward Him, saying, "Peace be on thee, thou king of the Jews!" "Peace be on thee, thou destroyer of the temple!" "Peace be on thee, thou king and pretender who would restore the temple in three days!" The philosophers of the times, Romans and Greeks, wrote against Christ. Even the kings wrote books of abuse, calumny and contempt. One of these kings was a Caesar. He was also a philosopher. In his book he says, concerning the people of Christ, "The most degraded of people are the Christians. The most immoral of the people of this time are the Christians. Jesus of Nazareth has led them astray. O people! If you wish to know who Jesus is and what Christian means, go and ask his relatives. Go and ask the Jews who know him. See what a bad person he is, how degraded he is." There were many similar accounts. But remember that these statements did not affect the cause of Christianity. On the contrary, Christianity advanced daily in power and potency.

Day by day the majesty of Christ grew in splendor and effulgence. Therefore, my purpose is to warn and strengthen you against accusations, criticisms, revilings and derision in newspaper articles or other publications. Be not disturbed by them. They are the very confirmation of the Cause, the very source of upbuilding to the Movement. May God confirm the day when a score of ministers of the churches may arise and with bared heads cry at the top of their voices that the Bahá'ís are misguided. I would like to see that day, for that is the time when the Cause of God will spread. Bahá'u'lláh has pronounced such as these the couriers of the Cause. They will proclaim from pulpits that the Bahá'ís are fools, that they are a wicked and unrighteous people, but be ye steadfast and unwavering in the Cause of God. They will spread the message of Bahá'u'lláh.

(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 428)

choogue

Postby choogue » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:50 am

Hey,

Maybe you can point out the mistakes he has made because as a Bahai seeker i can tell you that he is actually doing more damage than good.

If you can point these mistakes out then other seekers like myself can be proven Imran is spreading only lies, but at this time, no Bahai seems to challenge him. This doesnt project a strong image for the bahai faith. I see this as a weakness which raises many questions.

Keyvan, you mention that Imran provides articles without sources however the reason i see his website as educational is due to the sources that he does provide. Maybe you have read the website better than i have so maybe you could provide the lack of sources which could prove the website is full of lies?

Many Bahai's will say he is putting false information on the website but how do you think it looks like when no-one challenges him? For a Bahai seeker, it doesnt look good at all. Everyone just makes comments that he has no sources, provides false information, the site is full of lies, etc, and expect the seekers to believe their claims without any proof. Thats just as bad as what you're accusing Imran of.

If the website is so false, then it should surely be simple to refute. Imran seems happy to acknowledge your suggestions as he has stated on the website.

Ive seen Imran's discussions with Bahais on this forum, on shiachat and other forums and i must say he speaks respectively and appropriately. I am certain if you approach him with the facts, he will remove the information if it is incorrect. If not, then you could prove that he's site is full of lies.

But i guess at the end if you truly believe that the website does more good to the Bahai faith than bad, well maybe you should just leave it as it is and maybe even promote it?

Regards
Abbas

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:48 am

abbas wrote:Hey,

Maybe you can point out the mistakes he has made because as a Bahai seeker i can tell you that he is actually doing more damage than good.

If you can point these mistakes out then other seekers like myself can be proven Imran is spreading only lies, but at this time, no Bahai seems to challenge him. This doesnt project a strong image for the bahai faith. I see this as a weakness which raises many questions.

Keyvan, you mention that Imran provides articles without sources however the reason i see his website as educational is due to the sources that he does provide. Maybe you have read the website better than i have so maybe you could provide the lack of sources which could prove the website is full of lies?

Many Bahai's will say he is putting false information on the website but how do you think it looks like when no-one challenges him? For a Bahai seeker, it doesnt look good at all. Everyone just makes comments that he has no sources, provides false information, the site is full of lies, etc, and expect the seekers to believe their claims without any proof. Thats just as bad as what you're accusing Imran of.

If the website is so false, then it should surely be simple to refute. Imran seems happy to acknowledge your suggestions as he has stated on the website.

Ive seen Imran's discussions with Bahais on this forum, on shiachat and other forums and i must say he speaks respectively and appropriately. I am certain if you approach him with the facts, he will remove the information if it is incorrect. If not, then you could prove that he's site is full of lies.

But i guess at the end if you truly believe that the website does more good to the Bahai faith than bad, well maybe you should just leave it as it is and maybe even promote it?

Regards
Abbas

Hey, I agree it doesnt look good at all to a seeker. But think of it this way, a true seeker wouldnt take in all of what a website that clearly has an agenda says, especially without source.

in the past I thought about why not starting a site to challenge this information. but think of it like this. all they have to do is make up more false information. its really easy to write false stories and call it history, and make up false quotes, and say you are quoting Baha'i text.

to DIRECTLY answer these absurd charges, in effect dignifies them, and provokes more. its best not to be bothered by them, and think of them as Abdu'l Baha has asked we think of them, as indicated in the quote I posted above

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:56 am

to omid:

you know this is what always happens with people who attack the faith like this. whether with anger, or passively like Imran.

now we know, as imran has done here, they make up random stories and call it history, without any source to back it, and they make up quotes that do not exist.

but what they do is when a Baha'i comes along and says you know..."hey thats false" is they put the BURDEN OR PROOF on the Baha'i!

isnt that rediculous? first of all how do you prove a false fact, to be false? thats like saying:

person A: you are planning to burn down a building

person B: no i am not

person A: well prove that you are not

how could person B possibly do that, and person A has not provided any evidence to prove the claim.

choogue

Postby choogue » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:22 am

To simply resolve this we need to establish whether Imran has made up the information on his site or whether he has the sources to back him up. Imran is apparently fluent in farsi and arabic therefore someone who is also fluent in these languages should request the sources. If Imran fails to deliver, then we know the information on the site is fabricated, however if he provides the sources, then thats a different story.

From my experience when investigating Islam, i used to come across many anti-Islamic sites, but i saw the strength in Islam since there is always a website which counters them. They provide logical arguments and reason which proves Islam is True. So when investigating the Bahai faith and coming across these websites, it would be very impressive to see websites that provide logical and reasonable arguments to falsify the site.
Without the counter arguments, one may question the weakness. The Muslims are so confident about Islam that they will defend it no matter what false or misleading information is thrown at them. This should be the same with anyone who believes their religion is the absolute Truth.

There is no need to create a website. Even just emailing Imran and be involved in a civil, friendly debate to determine the sources and the reasons why Imran believes the information to be facts. You would be able to counter the information on the site and have him post it. If you believe in the Bahai faith and do not simply follow blindly, then this should not be an issue. It would atleast strengthen your faith and others who view this debate.

If Imran does not have any bad intentions, which im sure he doesnt, he should be more than happy to comply. (I cannot speak on behalf of him but this what i only think. I could be wrong...)

Anyway, its just a thought.

Regards
Abbas

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:17 am

abbas wrote:To simply resolve this we need to establish whether Imran has made up the information on his site or whether he has the sources to back him up. Imran is apparently fluent in farsi and arabic therefore someone who is also fluent in these languages should request the sources. If Imran fails to deliver, then we know the information on the site is fabricated, however if he provides the sources, then thats a different story.

From my experience when investigating Islam, i used to come across many anti-Islamic sites, but i saw the strength in Islam since there is always a website which counters them. They provide logical arguments and reason which proves Islam is True. So when investigating the Bahai faith and coming across these websites, it would be very impressive to see websites that provide logical and reasonable arguments to falsify the site.
Without the counter arguments, one may question the weakness. The Muslims are so confident about Islam that they will defend it no matter what false or misleading information is thrown at them. This should be the same with anyone who believes their religion is the absolute Truth.

There is no need to create a website. Even just emailing Imran and be involved in a civil, friendly debate to determine the sources and the reasons why Imran believes the information to be facts. You would be able to counter the information on the site and have him post it. If you believe in the Bahai faith and do not simply follow blindly, then this should not be an issue. It would atleast strengthen your faith and others who view this debate.

If Imran does not have any bad intentions, which im sure he doesnt, he should be more than happy to comply. (I cannot speak on behalf of him but this what i only think. I could be wrong...)

Anyway, its just a thought.

Regards
Abbas

First of all you are using the term "Islam" in way that doesnt make any sense here.

The Baha'i Faith is not attempting to "disprove Islam"
Islam in the general sense refers to "submission" to the religion of God that began with Adam. in a specific sense it refers to the Quranic Dispensation of Muhammad.

The Baha'i Faith of course holds both valid and true. what we do not agree with is the DOGMAS established by clerics over the course of the Quranic Dispensation, and to say we offer an alternative not our underlying claim.

RATHER the Baha'i Faith in its claim fulfills the actual Prophecy of Islam, consistent with the Quran

so that being said. yes he indeed fabricates everything he writes. its total lunacy.

ill give you a great example. go to the page where he accuses Baha'u'llah of claiming to be God. scroll down and he will "quote" and "site sources" for those quotes.

of those texts that actually exist. lets take the Kitab-i-Aqdas as the most familiar example. go through the actual Book, and go to the points Imran Shaykh indicates. you wont find anything of the sort. in fact, go through the ENTIRE Book, and you will find nothing of the sort.

Imran Shaykh doesnt expect his readers to actually look it up. afterall who would expect someone to be so shameless as to write false sources? unbelievable.

choogue

Postby choogue » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:49 am

Actually no. I am not talking about Islam in a way that does not make sense here. You are jumping to conclusions. When have i mentioned that Bahai's are trying to disprove Islam??? I simply explained that Muslims have their counter arguments against "anti-Islamic" sites.

RATHER the Baha'i Faith in its claim fulfills the actual Prophecy of Islam, consistent with the Quran

Yes. I am very well aware of the Bahai claims. As i said previously, dont be quick to jump to conclusions. I never mentioned that the Bahai's are trying to disprove Islam.....

At the end, i am making a simple statement that the Bahai's should refute Imrans website just as the Muslims refute the anti-islamic sites. Very simple if you dont read into it too much.

so that being said. yes he indeed fabricates everything he writes. its total lunacy.

ill give you a great example. go to the page where he accuses Baha'u'llah of claiming to be God. scroll down and he will "quote" and "site sources" for those quotes.

of those texts that actually exist. lets take the Kitab-i-Aqdas as the most familiar example. go through the actual Book, and go to the points Imran Shaykh indicates. you wont find anything of the sort. in fact, go through the ENTIRE Book, and you will find nothing of the sort.

Imran Shaykh doesnt expect his readers to actually look it up. afterall who would expect someone to be so shameless as to write false sources? unbelievable.

Well there you go Keyvan.....since you claim that he fabricates everything on the site, it should be VERY simple to refute. Send him an email with what you have discovered and then we can see his response. If it is THAT obvious, i would really like to see the response which will allow us to judge whether the site is fabricated or not.

Regards
Abbas

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:27 am

abbas wrote:Actually no. I am not talking about Islam in a way that does not make sense here. You are jumping to conclusions. When have i mentioned that Bahai's are trying to disprove Islam??? I simply explained that Muslims have their counter arguments against "anti-Islamic" sites.

Yes. I am very well aware of the Bahai claims. As i said previously, dont be quick to jump to conclusions. I never mentioned that the Bahai's are trying to disprove Islam.....

At the end, i am making a simple statement that the Bahai's should refute Imrans website just as the Muslims refute the anti-islamic sites. Very simple if you dont read into it too much.

Well there you go Keyvan.....since you claim that he fabricates everything on the site, it should be VERY simple to refute. Send him an email with what you have discovered and then we can see his response. If it is THAT obvious, i would really like to see the response which will allow us to judge whether the site is fabricated or not.

Regards
Abbas

oh ok i misread what you said as "The Muslims are so confident about Islam that they will defend it no matter what false or misleading information is thrown at them." to refer to what Iman Shaykh is doing.

anyway,

Imran Shaykh's site is not the only one that does this. there are many springing up all over. i personally see the whole "answering Islam" vs "answering Christianity" as creating more of a divide than anything else.

they are directly attacking one anothers information outlets.

what i do support though is putting out one's own information without giving dignity enough to acknowledge sites like these, and an intelligent person can make the distinction themselves.

for example, as for those false quotes i referred to in that specific section. one can easily go to reference.bahai.org and read the actual texts in Arabic, Persian, or English, and see NOTHING of the sort written. the response is there.

Zazaban

Re: I need help!

Postby Zazaban » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:36 pm

british_bahai wrote:We also dont know who this person is and are not allowed to communicate with covenant breakers.
I'd just like to point out that, since he does not identify as Baha'i he cannot be a CB.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

choogue

Postby choogue » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:37 pm

Excellent.

Now since Imran has promised that he will remove any information on the website which is incorrect, you can present this to him.

If he is true in his intention and you can provide him the proof and he cannot provide the source or the correct source, Imran should adhere to his promise.

If he doesnt, then you can question him on his intention and prove that he is only trying to "mislead" the seekers.

Just my thoughts. I can understand if you dont have the time to, but maybe you should bring it up with the NSA or UHJ to respond.

If you have the evidence and sources to prove that the information is incorrect, why would you just leave it? Imran mentions on his website:

I solemnly testify that to each of the below mentioned emails and to mails similar to these, I have written back informing them that as opposed to making sweeping statements cursing me or BahaiAwareness.com, they should come back to me and inform me of what they have found erroneous.

As for myself, my conscience is clear - I have only taken what the Bahais and their books have informed me. Nothing less. Nothing more. If any Bahai wishes to contest the references on my web site, he is most welcome to do so. if proved guilty, I will be happy to change it and even inform my readers about the error.

This is your opportunity to have Imran remove the information AND inform his readers.

Regards
Abbas

choogue

Postby choogue » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 pm

Ok cool.

With Imrans permission, could you please either post his replies or simply email them to me. Im interested to know what his response will be.

Whether its a fat chance he will remove it or not if proven wrong, atleast it would show the seekers that he has fabricated it and his promise to remove any information that was proved wrong is a lie.

No matter which way it goes, Inshallah the TRUTH is shown.

Regards
Abbas

British_Bahai

Re: Fat chance

Postby British_Bahai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:27 am

otownsend wrote:I strongly believe that the Baha'i Faith is about to go through a tremendous public gauntlet within the next 50 yrs. Wait till you hear Billy Graham the IV railing against the Faith...

Correct. Not sure if it will be within these next 50 years or so, but it has been mentioned in the writings in many places.

--

Also, I would like to highlight that if Imran is such a pious man who claims he is, and earnestly reads his Holy Book with a pure heart, he would have inevitably come across a multitude of references regarding the twin figures (Bab and Baha´u´llah). Interestingly, 1844 A.D.(which converts into the muslim 1284 A.H? - cant remember!) is the most mentioned date in religious/spiritual history.

We are only responsible for one life only, and that is our own. In the end, we have to justify our actions to God. Rather than looking into the references he must have read in the Qurán, he has chosen to pre-occupy himself by trying to influence other people´s thoughts, rather than investigating for himself.

He has the childish mindset of "my religion is better than yours". Does he not realise that the Bahai Faith accepts all religions because they have all come from the same God. Its not a popularity contest.

The Gleanings, page 108 (passage #54) wrote:By the righteousness of God, my Well-Beloved! I have never aspired after worldly leadership[/b]. My sole purpose hath been to hand down unto men that which I was bidden to deliver by God, the Gracious, the Incomparable, that it may detach them from all that pertaineth to this world, and cause them to attain such heights as neither the ungodly can conceive, nor the froward imagine.

"You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,
but you can´t fool all of the people all of the time."
- Anonymous.

BruceDLimber

Re: Fat chance

Postby BruceDLimber » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:17 pm

british_bahai wrote:1844 A.D.(which converts into the muslim 1284 A.H? - cant remember!) . . .

Sorry, BB, you're mistaken!:

1844 CE (aka 1844 AD) is equivalent to 1260 AH (dates present in multiple Biblical prophecies, BTW).

Regards,

Bruce

__
- I edited your post by sorting out the coding, thats all.
(british_bahai, a.k.a. "BB") ;-) Wed 18th Apr 07

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:19 pm

otownsend wrote:I beleive that last quote was from a Bob Marley song? :D

It most probably was, lol.

BruceDLimber wrote:
british_bahai wrote:1844 A.D.(which converts into the muslim 1284 A.H? - cant remember!) . . .

Sorry, BB, you're mistaken!:

1844 CE (aka 1844 AD) is equivalent to 1260 AH (dates present in multiple Biblical prophecies, BTW).

:hot2: (whoops! well i did say i might be wrong...)

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:49 pm

Baha-library is more popular than his site. i guarantee you this thread ALONE is getting far far far more web traffic, which is actually kind of a shame because it gives him undeserved publicity :sad:

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:32 pm

YES PLEASE!

(this ought to be interesting...)

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:24 pm

I don't think we should call him a lier for having incorrect references. For all we know he got them from a non-UHJ approved version of the book and didn't realise it was incorrect. And there are some fake books floating around the mid-east.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

choogue

Postby choogue » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:22 am

Guys,

We can not make an assumption like that. As Zazaban has pointed out, he may have incorrect references therefore we will have to wait and see. It is haram to judge someone if we do not have the facts. We are not here to judge him. Only Allah can, so let us be civil.

If he confirms the references are incorrect, yet he leaves them on his site, then we can make a conclusion.

Let us wait for his response.

Omid, although i appreciate you posting the responses in this forum, i think it is only fair that Imran's permission is obtained to post his replies. This is only my opinion as something that would be fair. Whether you request his permission or not is totally up to you. I am only expressing what i feel as i would not appreciate people sharing my emails without my knowledge.

If you have gained his permission, please let us know as it will atleast make me feel better when reading private emails between Imran and yourself.

Regards
Abbas

Jonah
Site Admin

OK, that's probably enough on this topic

Postby Jonah » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:41 pm

Thank you for the interesting thread, folks. I'm going to lock it now, for a variety of reasons. And if Mr. Shaykh objects to his emails being posted publicly, or did not give permission, then we might have to delete them.

Thanks, -Jonah

Return to “Discussion”