To Feel Presence OF God Everywhere

Topics unrelated to the Baha'i Faith
brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:56 pm

How can I abbreviate your name, "God Keep Me In The Way"... Don't think I should call you "God"! Or maybe that would mean I was the crazy one. :)

Yes, I feel that feeling you mention, but I'll let some other more poetic souls put it into better words. Although we don't believe there can be any direct tie to God, we do very much believe that God's signs are present in and permeate all things. That is our nature as being spiritual beings. As Shoghi Effendi writes in a letter on his behalf, "the core of religious faith is that mystical feeling which unites man with God". This is where so much beauty lies and allows us to draw inspiration to carry on in the other areas of life with a fuller spirit, hope, and love.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:02 am

You know, one other feeling I'd add is how I think there is a potentially strong connection between nature, true science, and true religion. When we got out for a walk and see beautiful stars (if we're fortunate to live somewhere where they still can be seen), it instills such a sense of wonderment, and when we take that a step further and express our curiosity with the pursuit of knowledge to understand it more scientifically (as with any science of the natural or social world), I think it can only add to one's amazement. Einstein and other great scientists had that kind of amazement, even if they had not pursued the spiritual sciences deeply enough to find the beauty and order within true religion.

Return to “Non-Baha'i issues”