posting news

Items in the news
onepence

posting news

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:16 am

so ... I just noticed someone is deliberatly deleting news stories I post here.

so ... what gives ?

What is the stated policy here ?

I mean like some of my news stories I posted are directly related to the Faith. .... and ... well ... some news stories are not directly related to our Faith, but none the less I find the news stories fascinating and worthy of comment.

Like most people who causual read the notes here I do find the apathy of the believers rather appaling, but just because a few {majority?} readers here are apathitical to my posts is that any reason to deny future historians the right to delve into contemporary news stories here ?

so ... what gives ... what is the policy ...

just because some individuals chose not to respond is that any reason to censor? and to censor without any private message is very very very very heavy handed ? .... I mean in all honesty and in the most common occurance of self respect and dignity should not those who censor something at least report, my private message, to those who they wish to censor ?

I mean is that really the policy here ... to censor someone, without giving an explanation to the individual ?

wow ......... i guess we are much further behind than what I thought ... oh well ... don't expect this student to go quietly into the night.

oneness
dh

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:58 am

Hi, Onepence

This forum is for discussions of the Baha'i Faith, especially with a focus on matters of scholarship. Once in a while people do post news articles, but only about directly related topics. Your dozen or so news stories from the last couple days, for the most part, made no mention of the Baha'i Faith, and the ones that did mention it, seemed to do so only in passing. As well, these stories did not seem to relate to our forum's content. And yes, the fact that no-one else was participating in some of these discussions was another reason for me to regard them as being too tangential to this forum.

I sincerely apologize for causing offense by not pm-ing (private messaging) you. I had thought you knew this was my policy and that I was the one deleting them, because you've been posting and I've been deleting such news stories for a couple months, and I thought we did correspond about it at the beginning. But I must have mis-remembered, or perhaps only meant to correspond with you about it -- I forget. At the least, I should have written to you about it more recently.

Thanks for your understanding, -Jonah

onepence

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:00 am

Do you think it is possible to have a news section?

in as much

as you already have four sections

why not also have a news section ?

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi, Onepence. Sure, I can set that up.

-Jonah

Return to “News”