Legal recognition for Bahai institutions in Germany

Items in the news
Sen McGlinn

Legal recognition for Bahai institutions in Germany

Postby Sen McGlinn » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:02 am

The Federal Administrative Court in Leipzig has ruled that the Ministry of Religions in the State of Hesse, in central Germany, must recognise the Bahai community as a body corporate. The Baha’i community has 5600 members in Germany, and applied for recognition as a corporation in the state of Hesse, because the National Spiritual Assembly is based in Hesse. The Hesse state government rejected the request on the grounds that Bahai membership was less than one per thousand in the population, which would require 6089 members. The court said that neither the absolute number of Bahais, nor the proportion of the population, was a decisive indication of whether a religious community would continue to exist. The court gave more weight to the fact that the Bahai community had already existed in German for more than a hundred years, is part of a world-wide community, and were able to reorganise themselves after they were banned under the Nazis, and following the reunification of Germany. The legal recognition will reduce the taxes and fees the Bahai institutions pay.

Short link: http://wp.me/pNMoJ-1yL

brettz9

Re: Legal recognition for Bahai institutions in Germany

Postby brettz9 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Please use direct links rather than shortened links (or post both) so people know the sites to which they are being redirected.

Thanks,
Brett

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Re: Legal recognition for Bahai institutions in Germany

Postby Jonah-admin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Or there's the slashdot method, which is what I do for baha'i-library.com URLs, where you note the domain in brackets: somelink [somelink.com].

And thanks for sharing news here, Sen.

Return to “News”