To Cardmaster: Are you a real person? Respond please

Items in the news
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

To Cardmaster: Are you a real person? Respond please

Postby Jonah-admin » Tue May 01, 2007 8:13 pm

I'm having a hard time figuring out if posts from Cardmaster are legit. They all are full of spam links -- most recently, links to jedicombat.com but last year they had links to some other gaming site in India.

The posts appear to be from a human, but other than that they bear all signs of being a spammer. A google search didn't turn up much, other than thousands of other posts at other sites with the same links. So perhaps it's an automated footer, included in each post by a real, and well-intentioned human.

Please respond below, explaining how the links get in your posts, or email jonah (at) winterswebworks.com.

Thanks, -Jonah

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Wed May 02, 2007 3:13 am

Never mind, it turned out to be a spammer. I still don't know if it's a paid human doing the spamming, or an extremely clever bot. But given how well each post was contextualized, I think it must be humans doing the spamming.

Anyway, cardmaster has been banned.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Wed May 02, 2007 7:24 am

i think it was a real human spammer, reason being, because in one of his posts, he mentioned "omid townsend" (one of the people who posts here)

... 'A' for effort - try getting a real job... :loser:

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu May 03, 2007 6:39 pm

I have deleted all the spam.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:40 pm

dgk_p19 wrote:i thought british_baha'i was omid townshend.

not quite!
im a young girl in my early 20s ;P

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:51 pm

BTW, a public "thanks" to british_bahai for helping moderate and format people's posts, including all her recent help formatting Richard's posts (in other threads).

-Jonah

Return to “News”