Freenet

News, suggestions, corrections
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Freenet

Postby Jonah-admin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Anyone know of Baha'is working on Freenet content or projects? It's the next digital frontier to establish a Baha'i presence in (along with re-establishing the torrent, as that network still lacks Baha'i content). https://freenetproject.org

Be warned before poking around Freenet -- it's a hive of scum and villainy. Don't go showing it to your kids. But that goes for any file-sharing network, especially one aiming for full decentralization. And the more users, the greater the signal-to-noise ratio.

brettz9

Re: Freenet

Postby brettz9 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 pm

"A mechanism of world inter-communication will be devised, embracing the whole planet, freed from national hindrances and restrictions, and functioning with marvellous swiftness and perfect regularity."

(Shoghi Effendi, World Order of Baha'u'llah, 203)

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:05 pm

And it's up: http://bahai-library.com/freenet .

Publishing to freenet is a very slow process, so its content is much more limited. For now I only posted the authorized Sacred Writings, from the old BWC fileserver collection.

Knowing that there are countries in which people can't read about the Faith online, and keeping in mind I can only post a small amount of material at a time, what do you think the next collection to be posted should be: Published Articles? Provisional Translations?

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:41 pm

+1 for Books (for sake of Dawn-Breakers, etc.) or for documents and letters from the House.

Return to “About Baha'i Library”