Whats the difference?

News, suggestions, corrections
BritishBahai

Whats the difference?

Postby BritishBahai » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi everyone

Whats the difference between the "Discussion" forum and the "Bahai writings" forum?

Both of them are places where we can ask questions....

thanks
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

brettz9

Re: Whats the difference?

Postby brettz9 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:46 pm

You can ask wherever you like. The idea of the "Topic-centered" forums is that discussions could be kept in a somewhat organized manner for future reference. We can even add any number of nested sub-forums, so if you want to have a thread dedicated just to one book of the Writings, we can do that.

In the future, I was hoping we could integrate these forums with views of the Writings. For example, in one column, one could read the Writings, and in another column one could find permanent discussion topics related to that book or even paragraph... I started to do this earlier with a wiki too, though that has stalled for now...

Brett

BritishBahai

Re: Whats the difference?

Postby BritishBahai » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

In my opinion, I think it would be much much better if the "discussion" forum was split up into mini-forums
(e.g. "relation to other religions", or "Bahai history" or whatever). (We can brainstorm the different sub-forums which can be made, later on --- if necessary).

The "topic-centred" discussions should be integrated within the main discussions page

Personally, I dont like how we have the main discussion section at the top of the Page, then half way down the page, we have the other bit.
Right now, theres only one discussion in the newer topic-centred forums.

Once we create more sub-forums (as part of the Main Discussion) then we can move topics into their relevant place.

Who seconds this idea? :D
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Return to “About Baha'i Library”