how to add book to this website

News, suggestions, corrections
contactidea@webtv.net

how to add book to this website

Postby contactidea@webtv.net » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:19 am

A question to Jonah: may I enter text of "Revelation of Baha'u'llah, Volume One" to this website? - From Lynda Tae Reed -

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:59 am

I would love it if you could! But last time I asked, a few years ago, George Ronald declined permission for me to post this series. I'm not surprised, these remain popular books and are probably among their better-selling items.

-Jonah

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:11 pm

I think I had also asked a few months ago but they couldn't, unfortunately... (Sorry, I can't find my email to verify that this was among the ones I asked about...). However, I think we can say that George Ronald has most generously recently offered us the permission to post Mahmud's Diary...

take care,
Brett

Hasan

Postby Hasan » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:36 pm

I would love it if you could! But last time I asked, a few years ago, George Ronald declined permission for me to post this series. I'm not surprised, these remain popular books and are probably among their better-selling items.
-Jonah

Dear Jonah,

What about extracts or quotations (one page or two paragraphs) of Books not published on-line? I think many questions of the topics in Discussion forum can be solved quoting extracts of great unpublished or expensive books :)

Thanks for the answer.

D. Hasan Elías

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:37 pm

What about extracts or quotations

Yes, under "fair use" it's perfectly legal to share excerpts of up to a few pages at a time.

-Jonah

Hasan

Postby Hasan » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:44 pm

Yes, under "fair use" it's perfectly legal to share excerpts of up to a few pages at a time.

Do you mean also excerpts of George Ronald's books? I am asking again because I am also in a forum in Spanish, Can I translate two pages and publicate it?

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:49 pm

Yes, you can legally and ethically copy up to a couple pages of any published, copyrighted book, at least as long as it's not for purposes of (1) earning money from it or (2) plagiarizing. Different countries have different versions of what in the US is called "fair use," but my understanding is that it is legal to do this in all countries. Now, exactly how much of a book you can copy isn't precisely defined, but a few pages won't get you into trouble.

-Jonah

Ahsan_al_Hadees

Re: how to add book to this website

Postby Ahsan_al_Hadees » Tue May 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Hi,

Please provide me with the link of Mahmud's Diary.

Also Revelation of Bahaullah ( 4 volumes ) can be read in Ocean Software.

http://bahai-education.org/ocean/

Regards,
Ahsan

Return to “About Baha'i Library”