What happened to the forum?

News, suggestions, corrections
jimhabegger2

What happened to the forum?

Postby jimhabegger2 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:44 pm

For three days I couldn't access the forum. There was a message that I don't remember about it not being accessible. Last night something changed, but I still couldn't see any of the forums. I was set to log in automatically, and today I tried logging out. The I was able to see the forums, but I couldn't post. Every time I log in with my old user name, all the forums disappear. I registered again with a new user name, and now I'm able to post.

Jim

richard

Re: What happened to the forum?

Postby richard » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:40 am

jimhabegger2 wrote:For three days I couldn't access the forum. There was a message that I don't remember about it not being accessible. Last night something changed, but I still couldn't see any of the forums. I was set to log in automatically, and today I tried logging out. The I was able to see the forums, but I couldn't post. Every time I log in with my old user name, all the forums disappear. I registered again with a new user name, and now I'm able to post.

Jim

Well, Jim, i think if the facts, and truth, were known, we would find out that the down time was for technical maintenance and changes for better security and functional operations of the site... :smile: and if that is not the reason, hopefully someone will correct or clarify my speculation... richard

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Tue May 13, 2008 1:07 am

The initial downtime was caused by a necessary upgrade. The longer downtime was caused by both editors (Brett and me) having no time. :-)

Thanks for everyone's patience...

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:52 am

My apologies... For the topic-centered forums (such as the Baha'i Writings one), when setting it up, I apparently hadn't added permissions for regular users! It should be working now. Let me know if you encounter any issues, or would like a subforum added.

best wishes,
Brett

Return to “About Baha'i Library”