seekers forum ... maturity of site

News, suggestions, corrections
onepence

seekers forum ... maturity of site

Postby onepence » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:01 am

you know as along as we have immature policy concerning seekers our boards will be ripe targets for abuse.

the owner of this site should consider his responseablities in keeping this site safe for all individuals.

oneness
the apostle dean

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 am

I don't see any problems.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Pete

Re: seekers forum ... maturity of site

Postby Pete » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:41 am

Hi,
This seems as good a place as any for me to start.

I think I am probably a seeker - if a seeker is someone who has read about Baha'i, felt close to it and would now like to know more.

Peter

richard

Postby richard » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:44 pm

Pete wrote:Hi,
This seems as good a place as any for me to start.

I think I am probably a seeker - if a seeker is someone who has read about Baha'i, felt close to it and would now like to know more.

Peter

Hello Peter in Oxfordshire, U.K. :smile:

Though i am not a member of the Bahai Faith, i will try to give you some perspective. I have found the teachings of the Bahai Faith to be refreshingly good and true spiritually, and not nearly as dogmatically and "intellectually" oppressive as some other religions, particularly their fundamenalist sects.

However, as Onepence suggested when he started this thread, this site can be somewhat of a problem for seekers; however, in all fairness to the owner and moderators, they have had problems with many insincere spammers and trouble makers so there is some suspicion and paranoia that plagues this cyber space. Yet, there is hope that some recent technical changes will reduce the problem, but it was only done recently and it may take folks a little time to come out of their "foxholes."

If you have any specific questions, hopefully someone more familiar with the teachings will appear to help you, but you can also take advantage of some of the links available from this site to find many, to most all, of the excellent teachings.

Also, if your question is of a godly and spiritual nature, i will do my best to answer it in line with my best understanding of the Bahai Faith teachings, and trust that if i am too far off that others on this site will come to clarify and help us.

Take care, Peter, and God bless you and all your loved ones, today, and forever... richard

Pete

Postby Pete » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:01 am

Thank you Richard,

I hope the users of the site will not be offended if I say my view of this site would be as an opportunity for those with some understanding to meet and discuss in order to gain further understanding?

I will hang around and read what is posted, learn, and possibly try and contribute at times.

Peter

Highmountain

Postby Highmountain » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Welcome Peter,

I've also just discovered this site within the last year and find it a unique place for teaching and deepening opportunities. As a Baha'i, it's always heartwarming and uplifting when someone who is seeking begins their investigation into the Faith. Speaking for myself, I hope I can be of any service to you in your search.

HighMountain

liontime

Postby liontime » Sun May 04, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Peter,

The best way to begin is to ask a question. Any question. Then we may know where your points of interest are. It would also be good to know how much you already know instead of someone just repeating your knowledge back to you. By this I mean, Do you need to know who Baha'u'llah was? The Administrative order? The History? Or deeper more personal questions on a given point or issue that you find interesting or troublesome. So - let us know what you want to know.
Liontime

richard

Postby richard » Mon May 12, 2008 6:52 pm

liontime wrote:Hi Peter,

The best way to begin is to ask a question. Any question. Then we may know where your points of interest are. It would also be good to know how much you already know instead of someone just repeating your knowledge back to you. By this I mean, Do you need to know who Baha'u'llah was? The Administrative order? The History? Or deeper more personal questions on a given point or issue that you find interesting or troublesome. So - let us know what you want to know.
Liontime

Well liontime and Onepence, what do you think happened to Peter? Did he disappear due to the concerns you stated at the beginning of this thread, Onepence? :sad: richard

Return to “About Baha'i Library”