Baha'i Number Theory

All research or scholarship questions
MichaelTChase

Baha'i Number Theory

Postby MichaelTChase » Wed May 12, 2021 2:34 pm

The Bab wrote that three/triangle = divinity; four/square = servitude; five = mankind/Manifestation; 19 = a Vahid; and 95 = for the Almighty. Baha'u'llah wrote that six = Baha'u'llah's revelation; nine = the beginning of all hidden and manifest knowledge.

If say we came from another star system and only had four digits on each hand, in an 8 decimal system: 7 would be the penultimate number whose multiplication always added to seven, our hand would have 15 not 19 segments, but this 15 would be the same numerically as 19 (17), and "for the Almighty" would be 60, not 95, but the 60 would likewise be the same numerically as 95 (74).

It's interesting that we have the four valleys and the seven valleys which denote four digits and the penultimate number of an 8-decimal system, and clocks run on 60 seconds/minutes. And 74 being both the penultimate and digit number like our 95. However, the only significance of 74 that I found was the $74M needed for the Mount Carmel project. 15 being our age of maturity.

MichaelTChase

Re: Baha'i Number Theory

Postby MichaelTChase » Wed May 12, 2021 2:45 pm

Might not the significance of the number 9 be in it's penultimate quality? Always being "next to last" just as the Quran and the Bible showed in such significant language in the Judgement Day and the "Return"?

MichaelTChase

Re: Baha'i Number Theory

Postby MichaelTChase » Wed May 12, 2021 3:04 pm

More about a 4 digit ET hand: 72 (lunacies, etc) is 9*8, the 8-decimal system times our penultimate 9. 7*9=63 both of our penultimate numbers, which is the year of Baha'u'llah's proclamation. "Their" penultimate times our decimal ten = 70, which had a lot of significance to Shakh Ahmad, equals 106 in 8-decimal. 70 also the age of exemption.

Return to “Discussion”