Farsi manuscript of "A Lifetime with `Abdu'l-Bahá: Reminisc

All research or scholarship questions
white_dove

Farsi manuscript of "A Lifetime with `Abdu'l-Bahá: Reminisc

Postby white_dove » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:26 am

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find the Farsi manuscript of "A Lifetime with `Abdu'l-Bahá:
Reminiscences of Khalíl Shahídí" translated by Dr Ahang Rabbani. The English translation is available here on Baha'i library:
http://bahai-library.com/rabbani_remini ... il_shahidi

But I've searched all the web and cannot find the original Farsi. There isn't even a copy on h-net. According to the foreword to Dr Rabbani's translation of the book, he had placed an unmarked copy on his website:

"The author’s granddaughter, Alham Mirzai (a daughter of the
author’s daughter Rúhíyyih), graciously shared the two pictures of
her grandparents which appear in the opening pages. She also
shared an unmarked copy of the original manuscript published as a
pdf file at: http://ahang.rabbani.googlepages.com/shahidi "

Unfortunately, ever since he ascended to the Abha kingdom, his website is not accessible. There is also nothing on archive.org.

If anyone has a copy of the Farsi work or knows where I can download it from, I would be very grateful.

white_dove

Re: Farsi manuscript of "A Lifetime with `Abdu'l-Bahá: Remin

Postby white_dove » Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 am

Apparently no one knows nothing. :datz:

Does anyone have the email of one of his family members? Maybe I can find a copy through them?

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Fri May 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi, I'm sorry for the lack of reply, I was out of town. Alas, everything Dr. Rabbani had to share he already set me and is online. I neglected to back up his Google page before he made it private. When I inquired a year ago I was told that his family members are indeed going through his archives and will share any documents, digital or otherwise, as soon as they can.

white_dove

Postby white_dove » Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Thank you Jonah, it is good to hear that they are making his collection avauilable. Can you send me the email of one of his family members in a private message? Maybe they'll be able to send me a copy sooner.

Return to “Discussion”