""Modification by the exalted beings"

All research or scholarship questions
brettz9

""Modification by the exalted beings"

Postby brettz9 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:10 am

In the Kitab-i-Iqan, the following paragraph occurs in the context of discussing the corruption of the text:

"Yea, in the writings and utterances of the Mirrors reflecting the sun of the Muhammadan Dispensation mention hath been made of "Modification by the exalted beings" and "alteration by the disdainful." Such passages, however, refer only to particular cases."

(par. 92)

I was curious if anyone knew about a reference by the Imams to "Modification by the exalted beings"? I am particularly curious because the reference to "exalted beings" makes it appear as though this is talking about a "corruption" (or perhaps correction) of the text which was beneficial.

Best,
Brett

MichaelTChase

Re: ""Modification by the exalted beings"

Postby MichaelTChase » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:45 pm

Many of the Twelve Imams have Hadiths in the Al-Kafi volumes (8), and their statements sometimes seem to take the Qur'anic interpretation in a different way or a new level that may have created divisions in the Muslim communities of the past (or present) as to how to interpret things in Islam. I'm just speaking from my memory of reading all eight volumes.

Return to “Discussion”