Arabic Kitábu'l-Aqdas

All research or scholarship questions
larry

Arabic Kitábu'l-Aqdas

Postby larry » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Dear Friends,

Are there any websites that show the transliteration of an Arabic Kitábu'l-Aqdas into the Roman alphabet, preferably accompanied with a sound byte with Arabic pronunciation?

Also, is there a reliable website that shows the same for the Arabic Hidden Words?

Thank you.

Jonah
Site Admin

Re: Arabic Kitábu'l-Aqdas

Postby Jonah » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Alas, no and no. I started a similar "multi-linear Aqdas" project in 1998, with multiple translations side-by-side with the Arabic, but it proved to be a huge task and I only completed about 5% of it: bahai-library.com/bahaullah_kitab_aqdas_multilinear .

The first few verses do have Roman text, but I transliterated it myself, with no editor, and wouldn't be surprised if there are errors. See for example http://bahai-library.com/provisionals/a ... 1-003.html

Don't miss this helpful online Aqdas: http://aqdasproject.com .

larry

Postby larry » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am

Thank you for responding Jonah. God willing someone may resume this huge task in the near future.

Nice website you sent on the online Aqdas. The study guide looks particularly useful and easy to use. Thanks for sharing.

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:04 am

Hi,

It shouldn't be too difficult to write a program to convert the diacriticized letters to a Romanized transliteration (assuming all are actually present), and also to provide a word-by-word translation if one can obtain a open source online dictionary (and the dictionary could also help with transliteration if the diacritics were not all present). I did this earlier for Farsi, but the copyright status/usage rights on the dictionary was not clear, though it had been offered for free. I've also got drawn into a long-term plan to include such a tool within a much bigger program, but am busy with other work, etc. Message me your email address and I can inform you about any planning meetings...

I'm pretty sure there was one online for the Hidden Words, but could not find it after a quick search...

Thanks,
Brett

larry

Postby larry » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Brett,
Thank you for your comments and your offer regarding planning meetings. I'll pass on the planning meeting info but will try searching for that possible Hidden Words site.

Here's a nice site of the Hidden Words with variations of music: http://archive.org/details/BeContent-Hwa18-50

Cheers,
Larry

iranpour

Postby iranpour » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Hello larry
The best Baha'i site for both Kitab-i-Aqdas and Kalamat-i-Maknunih
in Arabic is the following: "Baha'i Reference Library". There you open the Arabic language and go to the Abjad alphabetical index of the books or "ABJADIA".
Near the end there are names of two books:
1). The Arabic Kalamat-i-Maknunih,
2). The translation of Persian Kalamat-i-Maknunih.
I read a part of the translation and was wonderful!
Good luck. :thumbs:

Return to “Discussion”