New roof tiles on Shrine of the Bab

All research or scholarship questions
Fadl

New roof tiles on Shrine of the Bab

Postby Fadl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:58 am

Dear Friends,

Does anyone know when the work of replacing the roof tiles of the Shrine of the Bab is scheduled, and for approximately how long the project will last? I have had the recent bounty of my name coming to the top of the list for pilgrimage (yay!) and would kind of like to miss the scaffolding, if possible. :-)

Thanks!
"Thus doth the Nightingale utter His call unto you from this prison. He hath but to deliver this clear message. Whosoever desireth, let him turn aside from this counsel and whosoever desireth let him choose the path to his Lord." - Baha'u'llah

BritishBahai

Re: New roof tiles on Shrine of the Bab

Postby BritishBahai » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:20 pm

I was on a 9-day back in May/June. From what I can remember, the tour guide said it will last for another year or so. She also turned the situation on its head: Apparently they do this restoration work every 100 years, so we were "blessed"because they wont be doing it again for another century, and we were there to see it.

If I were you, I wouldnt worry too much about it. I would go ASAP, because who knows if they will close off any places to pilgrims in the near future, in order to preserve things. E.g. right now we're lucky enough to visit certain rooms, and stand on the exact same carpet which Bahaullah has walked on. Thats why ive tried to visit Haifa as much as possible, because you never know how soon the House will make changes.
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Aaron Maldonado

Re: New roof tiles on Shrine of the Bab

Postby Aaron Maldonado » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

I was told that the construction was to be over in 2013.

Return to “Discussion”