Space craft powered by magnetism??

All research or scholarship questions
dragonaxe

Space craft powered by magnetism??

Postby dragonaxe » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:54 am

Came across this the other day. It's from "Selections from the writings of Abdul Baha".....

166: O servant of Bahá! Be self-sacrificing in the path ...
O servant of Bahá! Be self-sacrificing in the path of God, and wing thy flight unto the heavens of the love of the Abhá Beauty, for any movement animated by love moveth from the periphery to the centre, from space to the Day-Star of the universe. Perchance thou deemest this to be difficult, but I tell thee that such cannot be the case, for when the motivating and guiding power is the divine force of magnetism it is possible, by its aid, to traverse time and space easily and swiftly. Glory be upon the people of Bahá.

..and I thought "Hang on!!" am I just going mad, or does this look a bit like instructions on how to power a space craft? lol

brettz9

Re: Space craft powered by magnetism??

Postby brettz9 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Scientists are already discovering such things as teleportation (on a tiny scale), invisibility, and so on. Why not time and space travel? While I'm sure one could think of alternative interpretations (e.g., God can reveal secrets to us across time or space in the course of our acting out of love in service to others), even if there is, it certainly doesn't preclude, and does seem to suggest, it is possible, though it would still be unclear in exactly what form that might be...

Brett

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:15 am

And of course, there have been talk and articles for decades about launches via rails equipped with electomagnets!

Cheers! :-)

Bruce

MichaelTChase

Postby MichaelTChase » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 am

I have pondered upon this statement quoted by 'Abdu'l-Baha for many years now and I always go back to yogic flying and somehow humans are supposed to harness their bodily magnetism to fly through the stars. Steven Greer MD, a Bahai from North Carolina, is also an expert in ufology, and he has a book out (Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge) that describes his personal experience of an ET flying as a ball of light into his bedroom and manifesting his body, and then (unfortunately) dying because it was the ET's last thing he wanted to do before he passed to the next world. It was told that this ET flew from his home planet with his own being. Dr. Greer says that first a planet will attain technologies that propel them through the stars (supposedly Lockheed already has this technology), then the beings develop the spiritual powers to do it themselves. Moreover, Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, a book published around 900 A.D. has meditations for psychic powers such as flying, which Shoghi Effendi has stated that the only psychic power Baha'is should not develop is "communion with spirits". I've personally modified Patanjali's sutra for flying (what Baha'u'llah calls "flashing of light" in the Seven Valleys), or it is manifested as hopping mostly nowadays, to simply use the word magnetism from the Writings, which makes my body shake with spiritual light. Cheers.

Return to “Discussion”