The faith in UAE

All research or scholarship questions
Truth

The faith in UAE

Postby Truth » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:18 am

Hey Guys,

I'm considering applying for work in Dubai this year and heading over there for a year or so. I'm an Australian born Persian, and have a fascination with the middle east. Obviously because of my beliefs, exploring the middle east is a bit risky, but i really want to get a taste of it. I've heard Dubai isn't too bad and there's a fairly large Baha'i community over there that operates quite freely. I'd imagine teaching is out of the question though.

My question is, will i be able to practice my beliefs over there safely (i.e. attend feast), and is there any reason for a Baha'i to go there if they aren't able to teach directly? (as opposed to living an example life of a Baha'i?) Is there much reason for Baha'is to go to countries where they are restricted in such ways, or is it better that we avoid them?

Thanks in advance.
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

AdibM

Re: The faith in UAE

Postby AdibM » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:48 am

I think this should be of considerable help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baha'i_Fai ... _community
"To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood." -- `Abdu'l-Bahá

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 am

I'd really recommend consulting with your National Spiritual Assembly's offices about it. They can help indicate to you the priorities for the Baha'i world at the moment, and, for wherever you want to go, what guidelines should be born in mind.

best wishes,
Brett

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:52 am

If you hear about any conferences going on in Dubai or anywhere else in the gulf, please let me know. I've been trying to find one to go to.

Masked

Postby Masked » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello,

I am from United Arab Emirates, born and been living here for 22 years, we don't have any problems over here, you are most welcomed over here, we have more than 500 members of Bahai Faith over here, remembering from top of my head, if you want I can get you the direct contact of our National Assembly's Secretary's email address for more information.

Regards,

Return to “Discussion”