Ae-oina Kamui - Aniu Manifestation?

All research or scholarship questions
Zazaban

Ae-oina Kamui - Aniu Manifestation?

Postby Zazaban » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:10 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ae-oina_Kamui

Sounds very much like a manifestation. What got me was the part "Eventually, Ae-oine Kamui, disappointed at the decline of the Ainu, departs for another country." Which sounds to me very much like the coming of a next manifestation somewhere else.

What do you all think?

British_Bahai

Re: Ae-oina Kamui - Aniu Manifestation?

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:11 pm

As a Bahai i respect everyone's belief, but personally, I only view Bahaullah as the manifestation of God for this day.

Before anybody says anything, im not trying to be "intellectual". I was not born into a Bahai family - my dad's side are muslim. Religion was never forced onto me which is good because i got to read for myself, rather than it being handed to me on a plate. The fulfilled prophecies of the Bahai faith is something I accept with my heart because the more i read the more im amazed.

I know you knew I (or someone else) would say something like this!
CLXVI: Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise.
http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GWB/gwb-166.html

I dont think the guy youre talking about is a manifestation of God, because Ive read enough things from different religions which have proven to me with lots of evidence that Bahaullah is the one all religions have talked about.

But anyway, there should be more people like him, i.e. its better to devote yourself to something positive which helps humanity, rather than do bad things and being unloving to others.

Zazaban

Re: Ae-oina Kamui - Aniu Manifestation?

Postby Zazaban » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:43 pm

british_bahai wrote:As a Bahai i respect everyone's belief, but personally, I only view Bahaullah as the manifestation of God for this day.

Before anybody says anything, im not trying to be "intellectual". I was not born into a Bahai family - my dad's side are muslim. Religion was never forced onto me which is good because i got to read for myself, rather than it being handed to me on a plate. The fulfilled prophecies of the Bahai faith is something I accept with my heart because the more i read the more im amazed.

I know you knew I (or someone else) would say something like this!
CLXVI: Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise.
http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GWB/gwb-166.html

I dont think the guy youre talking about is a manifestation of God, because Ive read enough things from different religions which have proven to me with lots of evidence that Bahaullah is the one all religions have talked about.

But anyway, there should be more people like him, i.e. its better to devote yourself to something positive which helps humanity, rather than do bad things and being unloving to others.

You misunderstand me, I realise he lived thousands of years ago, he's not alive now. I'm not claiming he's a new manifestation, but a very old one.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Return to “Discussion”