Hi, I am Niranjan , from the Hindu faith...

All research or scholarship questions
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:38 pm

Thank you very much! :D
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

FruccalFrilia

Postby FruccalFrilia » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:50 pm

Yes, thank you.

British_Bahai

Book available online: "Hinduism and the Bahai Faith&qu;

Postby British_Bahai » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi Niranjan, I thought this might interest you:

There is a book called "Hinduism and the Bahai Faith" and the author (Dr Moojan Momen) has kindly put it online.

:computer: http://www.northill.demon.co.uk/hinduism/index.htm

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:17 am

I only posted that a few hours ago (~4am UK time) so i wasnt expecting an instant reply... give the poor (wo)man a chance :elkgrin: LOL

Even if he doesnt return, that book will be handy to other Hindus on this forum

Im sure he's ok... [-o<

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:59 am

richard wrote:Other than the questions surrounding Niranjan, i hope your stay here is fruitful for you. Some of your interests in your profile suggest you are light hearted and of good humor. As far as potential discussions go, what are the most important & compelling topics for you?
Im interested in reading about different religions and bridging the gap - showing them that all religions originate from the same source.

Including me, there are only 4 Bahais at my university and we have set up a Bahai Society (I think you Americans would call it a "Bahai campus association") and thats what our events are based on. The other students who attend it love it.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:59 am

niranjan wrote:So let us all strive to be true lovers of God. The rest will come automatically...

Exactly. This is one of the Bahai beliefs. There is also a Bahai prayer which relates to this:
O SON OF BEING!
Love Me, that I may love thee.
If thou lovest Me not, My love can in
no wise reach thee.
Know this, O servant.

God is telling us that if we dont love Him, his love cant reach us.
You can read some more here:
http://www.bahai.com/Bahaullah/hiddenwords.htm
IF you want to find the above prayer on the link i have given you, look at #5 from the top.

The Hidden Words are a set of Short prayers and each one focuses on the essence of spirituality.

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:09 am

Namaste, Niranjan ;-)

I forgot to mention, since youre in India, did you know that the Lotus temple in New Delhi is a Bahai house of worship, but its open to everyone - its for people of all religions and races.

Go there if you get the chance to... I wish i was there right now :(

(Do a Google Image search for "lotus temple new delhi" if you're not sure of what im talking about!)
http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum ... earchLotus

Return to “Discussion”