The 1000 years to the next M.O.G. ends in 2833 and not 2863?

All research or scholarship questions
Zazaban

The 1000 years to the next M.O.G. ends in 2833 and not 2863?

Postby Zazaban » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:26 pm

"Should a man appear, ere the lapse of a full thousand years—each year consisting of twelve months according to the Qur’án, and of nineteen months of nineteen days each, according to the Bayán—and if such a man reveal to your eyes all the signs of God, unhesitatingly reject him!"

Hold on! that's in lunar Years! that would be 2833 A.D. and not 2863 A.D.! :shock:
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

Jonah
Site Admin

Postby Jonah » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 pm

Yeah, that surprised me when I first thought about it too. But it's been widely addressed. See this thread, <a href="http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=306">"A prophet may come before the end of a thousand years"</a> [<i>not</i> my own title]. See also that thread for links to other documents online addressing this topic, e.g. from the Kitab-i-Aqdas Notes.

Before anyone responds here, I highly recommend perusing <a href="http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=306">"A prophet may come before the end of a thousand years"</a> to see if your question has already been answered. If not, then you may respond here. (The other forum was locked after the discussion had run its course.)

-Jonah

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 pm

But that was before the Babi calander became solar. back then it was lunar!

:shock:
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Return to “Discussion”