LOCKED --- Exploring the Ocean Together

jimhabegger

LOCKED --- Exploring the Ocean Together

Postby jimhabegger » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Sorry, guys, Ive locked this topic.
Reasons are given below... -BritishBahai, Tues 25th Nov 2008.

I don't know why this post was removed. It might be because I posted it in the wrong forum. I'll try posting it here. If anyone removes it, please send me an explanation.

I'm planning to start a new blog, and some new Web pages, about helping to transmit encouragement, support and learning through walls of prejudice and over gulfs of estrangement that divide people who are interested in the writings of Baha'u'llah. Before I start, I'd like comments from anyone here who would like to offer them.
[Original post edited -BritishBahai, Tue 25th Nov 2008.]

I'm imagining a series of articles sympathetically discussing ideas about the writings of Baha'u'llah from people I've seen scorned, defamed and stigmatized, including:
- People I've associated with the Dialogue/Talisman Chronicles
- People I've been tempted to scorn and malign.
- The House of Justice
- Members of the House of Justice.
- People promoting a Guardian after Shoghi Effendi.
- Loners.
- Artists.

BritishBahai

Re: Exploring the Ocean Together

Postby BritishBahai » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:22 pm

This is the reason:
I'm imagining a series of articles sympathetically discussing ideas about the writings of Baha'u'llah from people I've seen scorned, defamed and stigmatized, including:
- People I've associated with the Dialogue/Talisman Chronicles
- People I've been tempted to scorn and malign.
- The House of Justice
- Members of the House of Justice.
- People promoting a Guardian after Shoghi Effendi.
- Loners.
- Artists.

I also received a PM from someone else, expressing their concern.

By doing the above mentioned thing, you are indirectly promoting the works of covenant breakers.
...the friends are warned in the strongest terms against reading such literature because Covenant-breaking is a spiritual poison and the calumnies and distortions of the truth which the Covenant-breakers give out are such that they can undermine the faith of the believer and plant the seeds of doubt unless he is forearmed with an unshakable belief in Bahá'u'lláh and His Covenant and a knowledge of the true facts.

(From a letter written on behalf of the Universal House of Justice to a National Spiritual Assembly, October 29, 1974)
http://bahai-library.com/?file=hornby_l ... ter=2#n611

Therefore, we are not allowed to "sympathetically discuss" (i.e. indirectly promote) ideas from "people promoting a Guardian after Shoghi Effendi". There is no need to. We already know the reasons for their persistent actions. This includes ego (and deliberate attacks against Bahaullah's covenant (to which they claim they are following).

Shoghi Effendi has said that we as Bahais should focus our energies on understanding the covenant of Bahaullah. If we have mastered this and have a good understanding, then we are to share our knowledge with those who aren't as deepened as us:
620. Bahá'ís Need More Than Anything Else in the World Deeper Understanding Covenants of Bahá'u'lláh and Master

"The Guardian has been considerably disturbed by the inharmony that has arisen in... He feels that what the ... Bahá'ís need--and must have--more than anything else in the world is a far deeper understanding of the Covenants of both Bahá'u'lláh and the Master. This is the rock-foundation without which no

sound super-structure can be built. Neither the administration, nor the general teaching work of the Cause ..., will progress, or be able to accomplish anything, unless the believers are truly firm, deep, spiritually convinced Bahá'ís. An intellectual grasp of the Teachings is purely superficial; with the first real test such believers are shaken from the bough! But once a Bahá'í has the profound conviction of the authority from God, vested in the Prophet, passed on to the Master, and by Him, to the Guardians, and which flows out through the Assemblies and creates order based on obedience--once a Bahá'í has this, nothing can shake him. He, therefore, urges you, and the other members of the ..., to devote as much time as you possibly can, to educating the believers in the Covenant."

(From a letter written on behalf of the Guardian to an individual believer, April 11, 1949)
http://bahai-library.com/?file=hornby_l ... ter=2#n620
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Return to “Bahá'í Writings”