An invitation to Irfan Colloquia, 2006

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

An invitation to Irfan Colloquia, 2006

Postby Jonah-admin » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:36 am

<h3>AN INVITATION TO ‘IRFÁN COLLOQUIUM IN 2006</h3>The ‘Irfán Colloquium started in 1993 and has continued to be held annually at Louhelen and Bosch Bahá’í Schools. It is aimed at promoting systematic studies of the scriptures of the world's religions from the Bahá'í perspective and scholarly studies in the sacred writings, verities, and fundamental principles of the belief system of the Bahá'í Faith. Colloquia programs also include presentations of the interface between the Bahá’í Faith and various religious traditions and schools of thoughts. Annual sessions of the colloquium are held simultaneously in two separate gatherings, one in English and the other in Persian. ‘Irfán is a Persian-Arabic word referring to mystical, theological, and spiritual knowledge. ‘Irfán Colloquium provides an opportunity for dialogue, networking and team-building among those engaged in Bahá’í studies. It is also a unique occasion for all those attending these gatherings to meet and associate with researchers and scholars and benefit form their presentations. A lighter program including poetry, music and songs is offered in the evenings. Participants receive a set of the ‘Irfán publications.<br><Br>Program Contents:<br><Br>Following subjects represent a sample selection of the presentations scheduled in 2006 programs: Response to the current attacks on the Bahá’í Faith ; concept of Manifestation of God in the Bahá’í and Bahá’í scripture; Bahá’í Faith and Buddhism; Sin and Salvation; Minimalism and the Bahá’í Faith; Advent of Devine Justice; Chinese religious traditions; Physical universe: A Bahá’í perspective; Alchemy in the Bahá’í Writings; Concept of charity in the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá'í; A comparative study of Baha’u’llah’s Book of Iqán and the Báb’s book of Seven Proofs.<br><br>Calendar<br><Br>At Bosch Bahá’í School: Colloquium’s program starts in the evening of Thursday May 25 and ends in Sunday afternoon, May 28, 2006. Followed by arranged commemoration of the passing of Baha’u’llah in the evening of May 28 and early morning of May 29, 2006.<br><Br>At Louhelen Bahá’í School: Colloquium program starts in the evening of Friday October 6 and ends after Lunch on Monday October 9, 2006 (Columbus Day weekend)<br><Br>Registration and reservation<br><br>For registration and accommodation contact the registrars of Louhelen and Bosch Bahá’í Schools.<br><br>For program details and further information look at: http://www.irfancolloquium.org or contact Persian-American Affairs Office by telephone: 847-733-3526; Fax: 847-733-3527; E-Mail: persian@usbnc.org<br><hr>The following presentations are currently scheduled. <ol>Muin Afnani: A response to the current attacks on the Baha’i beliefs <br><br>Ghasem Bayat: A review of the concepts of “Manifestation of God” in the Bábi and Baha’i scripture<br><br>Sateh Bayat: Concept of charity in the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha<br><br>Vafa Bayat: Physical Universe: A Bahá’í Perspective: * Biological Aspects<br><br>Vahid Brown: Alchemy in the Baha'i Writings: An Introduction<br><br> Wolfgang Klebel: The Word is the master key for the whole world<br><br>Jan Kluge: Baha’i Faith and Buddhism: Steps Towards an Ontological Rapprochement.<br><br> Stephen Lambden: A Comparative Study of Two Istidlaliyyih Texts: The Báb’s Dal’il-i- Sab’ah (Seven Proof) and Baha’u’llah’ Kitab-i Iqán<br><br> Shahdi Malakooti: Physical Universe: A Bahá’í Perspective: * Physics Aspects<br><br>Ramin Neshati: On Sin and Salvation: Cogitations on Bahá’í and Christian Belief<br><br>Sima Quddusi: A review of The Dispensation of Baha’u’llah” by Shoghi Effendi<br><br>Taeed Quddusi: What is new about the Baha’i Faith?<br><br>Mahyad Rahnemaee: Minimalism and the Baha'i Faith: Part II<br><br>James Thomas: Shoghi Effendi, Ubiquitous Talisman of the Faith<br><br>An open dialogue on “Poatmodernism and the Baha’i Faith”</ol><br>Venue: Bosch Bahá’í School, Santa Cruz, California<br>For registration and reservation of accommodation: contact Bosch Bahá’í school:<br>Tel: 831-423-3387; E-mail: bosch@usbnc.org; Web site: <a href="http://bosch.org">www.bosch.org.</a>

Return to “Announcements”