Irfan Colloquium in Italy, July 2016

Conferences, meetings, publications
Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Irfan Colloquium in Italy, July 2016

Postby Jonah-admin » Mon May 02, 2016 12:39 pm

The next two Colloquia Sessions in Europe are in Acuto Italy. The Persian-language session is June 29 - July 4. See more about this session at http://irfancolloquia.org/138 . The English-language session is July 5 - 8. See more at http://irfancolloquia.org/139 . More on this session is below:

Centenary of the Tablets of Divine Plan

The annual session of the ‘Irfán Colloquium in 2016 will be held at the Centre for Bahá’í Studies, Acuto, Italy, from 5 to 8 July. This year’s session coincides with the centenary of ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s Tablets of Divine Plan, a unique document ushering in the Formative Age of the Baha’i Faith.

‘Irfán Colloquium aims at promoting deeper and systematic studies in the scriptures of the world's religions from the Bahá'í perspective, as well as verities, fundamental principles of the belief system and the sacred writings of the Bahá'í Faith, the interface between the Bahá’í Faith and various religious traditions and schools of thought. Bazm-i-‘Irfán includes musical performances. Participants at the ‘Irfán Colloquium enjoy a collegial environment that provides an opportunity for dialogue, networking and team-building among those engaged in Bahá’í studies. It is also a unique occasion for all those participating in this gathering to meet and associate with researchers and scholars and benefit from their presentations. Those attending at the ‘Irfán Colloquium receive a gift set of the ‘Irfán publications.

Presentations include: Baha'u'llah's Lawh-i Istintaq (Tablet of the Interrogation), Some Ottoman Documents about Babis and Baha'is in the Ottoman Empire, Ego: “The Prison of Self”, Spiritual Dimension of Medical Treatment, The Phenomenon of Newly Emerging Entities: The Twofold Process, Tablets of Divine Plan as "source of transforming force charting the road for the development of the Baha’i community", "The Hidden Words as andarz literature", A comparison between the commentary and interpretation of an Islamic Tradition by `Abdu'l-Bahá and Ayatu'llah Khomeini, Tracing Themes found in the Tablets the Tablets of the Divine Plan, Baha’i Inspired Financial and Commercial Companies, The major themes in the Tablets of the World and Maqsud and their intrinsic relationships to the Secret of Divine Civilization of Abdu'l-Baha, Persian (and perhaps Turkish) poems composed by 'Abdu'l-Baha and His ideas about poetry, Personal transformation through teaching in the Tablets of the Divine Plan.

Presenters include: Necati Alkan, Vahid Behmardi, Mehrdad Ehsani, Parvaneh Farid- Monfared, Jena Khadem-Khodadad, Sivan Lerer, Moojan Momen,Wendi Momen, Vahid Rafati, Habib Riazati, Julio Savi and Faezeh Mardan, Iscander and Micael Tinto.

For Registration and Reservation: The Centre for Baha’i Studies * Tel: 39-0775-56061* E: <lapanoramicahotel@gmail.com>

Return to “Announcements”