Anyone go to the Sydney Conference in Australia?

Conferences, meetings, publications
Truth

Anyone go to the Sydney Conference in Australia?

Postby Truth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 am

Just got back from Sydney today.

6000 baha'is registered for the Sydney conference. It's the largest conference/gathering of baha'is ever in the southern hemisphere. The biggest hall in Sydney was hired for the event, of which they could not fit everyone into. Live feeds were broadcast into other rooms. It was pandemonium!!!

If you weren't planning to attend one of the 41 conferences, i strongly suggest you make the effort to. It's a once in a life time event!
No need to ask in whose presence I stood, as I bowed myself before one who is the object of a devotion and love which kings might envy and emperors sigh for in vain!

BritishBahai

Re: Anyone go to the Sydney Conference in Australia?

Postby BritishBahai » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:29 am

that new guy, Paul Desailly?
"I have desired only what Thou didst desire, and love only what Thou dost love"

Paul Desailly

Re: Anyone go to the Sydney Conference in Australia?

Postby Paul Desailly » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

Enthused and moved we were on Sydney Harbour to hear accounts of our Teaching successes, especially re Baha'i spiritual education in state schools here in Australia, and to plan follow up successes

However, Poppa Stylez' use of the word "Pandemonium!!!" might be reconsidered in light of the negative nuances associated with it and in consideration of the skills demonstrated by the many ushering and admin volunteers. Certainly, modern English as used by the young might well have more of a positive significance than 'the capital of Hell' and 'the infernal regions'

As to the live feeds in that hi tech and gargantuan convention centre it should be borne in mind that this was done in part as a service to the Persian Baha'i friends who make up the majority of the believers in this land of approx 18,000 avowed believers. A separate hall was made available to them that they may enjoy this historic gathering in the euphonic tones of their mother tongue.

Baha'i love

Paul and Velanta Desailly
Custodians in residence
Sydney Baha'i Centre

PS Hard on the heels of the Sydney Congress at Darling Harbour another record was well and truly broken the next day at the awesome Sydney Baha'i Centre about 20 minutes away:
In excess of 1,500 Baha'i youth celebrated National Youth Congress. An enormous marquee was hired to augment our 800 seat hi tech purpose built Baha'i hall-centre

Return to “Announcements”