you will notice a "news" thread
that I started, at http://bahai-library.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=529

The following is an official Baha'i statement
http://www.bahai.org/persecution/iran/hojjatieh
on the Hojjatieh Society

excerpt posted here
in case anyone wants to discuss this

What is the Hojjatieh Society?

Founded in 1953 as a specifically anti-Bahá'í organization by a charismatic Shiite Muslim cleric, the Hojjatieh Society has today re-emerged in Iran as an influential if secretive faction that has been linked in news articles and web blogs with the current Iranian administration.

During the 1979 Iranian revolution, the Society played an important role in stirring animosity against ...

<><><><>
oneness
dh

Keyvan

Postby Keyvan » Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 pm

the Hojjatieh society is a violent group created out of Shia extremists, whos sole purpose is to destroy the Baha'i community

additionally they believe that Imam Mahdi's "return" from "occultation" is imminent and that society must prepare as though they are at his advent

they were successful in persecuting Baha'i's in Iran for a century now, working with SAVAK, as well as independent organized attacks on Baha'i's and Baha'i properties and Holy sites.

Khomeini supposedly "prohibited" them when he came to power, but of course that was just a PR move which didnt have an effect anyway, considering that with his regime in power Baha'i persecution became a centralized act of government and there was no need for affiliation with the independent Hojjatieh.

however the Hojjatieh society has been coming back in recent years. we can see some of their contemporary destructions and persecutions in relatively recent news. Ahmadinejad is not a member, but a sympathist of the Hojjatieh society.

Return to “News”