God told me about baha'i

All research or scholarship questions
Burdalla00

God told me about baha'i

Postby Burdalla00 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:15 pm

I don't know if its wrong that I say this, if the baha'i faith says it is feel free to tell me and I will apologize. I am not a bahaist or I didnt think I was, eight months ago I was an athiest, I did not believe in God at all but one night in October God came to me and he told me everything, so much was against what I had learned from Christianity but very similar. It seemed like I was suddenly a mix of a few religions, God told me of many prophet all of which I knew but were not refered to as prophets. There was Jesus, Muhammed, the Buddha and many more which I saw through the words he spoke to me which I did not hear but instead could feel. I suddenly could not doubt or disbelieve the existence of God and my love for him is more than anything I have felt, I will die for him!

He told me that there need to be a moral reawakening on earth and that I need to share this and spread the word to use these words to unify all religions under the name of the one and only, God the Creator, the ever loving, all knowing and I did just that. I called it Ankhism and I got friends involved some family, started a facebook page as I got a few followers. Soon I started to doubt myself and maybe thought I was crazy but today while looking to post this I found a religion I had seen in name but never knew the practices. I went on Wikipedia and was shocked that what I called my religion Ankhism was just baha'i. I asked God if this was my path and he said if I choose it than, yes. Im still in shock that this is all real but I will do anything moral to spread Gods word and it is my path to do so, I do not see myself as a prophet and I refuse to ask god if I am because I do not want to be I just want to teach Gods love for all. Believe me or ridicule me that is all I ask. Thank you for letting me speak and God bless you all.

I posted this on other forums as well I just want to get as many oppions as I can. But the ultimate decision will be what God wants of me.

brettz9

Re: God told me about baha'i

Postby brettz9 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello and welcome, Burdalla!

No, there is nothing wrong at all about sharing your experiences.

The Baha'i Writings would also confirm this possibility, stating as they do, "That truth is often imparted through dreams no one who is familiar with history, especially religious history, can doubt." (From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, May 16, 1925, in Lights of Guidance, no. 1739) and "True visions...can be granted to those who are spiritually pure and receptive, and are not therefore confined to the Prophets alone." (From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi dated November 26, 1939, to an individual believer: Bahá’í News, No. 152, p. 2, April 1942, in Lights of Guidance, no. 1740)

Our Writings do advise us, however, that it may sometimes be difficult to distinguish between true visions and imaginations, that we should not seek out these experiences (God will provide them if He wishes) nor authoritatively impose our understanding of them on others, and that we should compare them to the Revealed Word even for our own guidance since this is God's main channel for us in this Day (You can see http://bahai9.com/wiki/Vision for some of these caveats). But again, we do believe it is certainly possible for God's merciful signs to be provided to some degree through various other channels such as inspired dreams or visions.

One other note is that the Baha'i Writings indicate that miracles, while they can occur, are not the means of convincing people of the truth since some claims to miracles are fake and individual claims may thus be dismissed by seekers. Such inspirations are a gift from God, and no doubt a positive experience to share at opportune occasions, but the real proof of the power of God's Faith comes, as your experience itself apparently indicated, through the moral transformation we allow it to assume in our lives and deeds.

I would recommend (as do the Baha'i Writings themselves) that you join your community for local study and in particular become familiar with the Baha'i Covenant (the authority passed from Baha'u'llah to His Son 'Abdu'l-Baha, and then to Shoghi Effendi, and the Universal House of Justice).

Warmest regards,
Brett

Burdalla00

Postby Burdalla00 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 am

This sheds a lot of light and really clears my mind, thank you so much. My visions seemed very prophet like but I did not feel they were so I thought I was crazy, im glad to see now that God can send visions to anybody, I will miss feeling so unique but I am already in love with what I have read of the baha'i faith, it truly is the words of God I am a witness to that and im glad that many share my experience. I have experience much more but I feel after the words of God were spoken to me, my mind incorporated some things of its own.

Jonah-admin
Site Admin

Postby Jonah-admin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 am

Thank you for sharing these fascinating experiences. My own interpretation — this is not from the Baha'i teachings, but just my own thoughts — I think that intuition and our sense of conscience might have the same source as the light which the Manifestations reflect. That is, if we didn't have some inherent ability to perceive the divine teachings ourselves, which some could call "prophecy" and I'm here terming "conscience," we wouldn't be able to recognize the truth of the Prophets.

iranpour

Postby iranpour » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:18 am

Hello Burdalla00, Nice hearing your fantastic story and conveyance of your wonderful experience.
You have written:
He told me that there need to be a moral reawakening on earth and that I need to share this and spread the word to use these words to unify all religions under the name of the one and only, God the Creator, the ever loving, all knowing and I did just that.

In the Baha’i Faith, “REVELATION” on one hand and “INSPIRATION” or ‘INTUITION” on the other hand are quite different from each other. Revelation is the creative and infallible words of God which reveals inclusively to the blessed Divine Manifestations Who are the mouthpieces of God, while inspiration and intuition are Divine influence in people of pure hearts and relative perception of spiritual realities received from God or His Manifestations respectively.
In the Baha’i history we read that some of the first believers of the Bab or Baha’u’llah were called by Them in their dreams to embrace Their Faith. There are many of such cases, but as I don’t want my post too long, I bring just one of them:

‘Abdu’l-Baha recalls the dream of Tahirih, the only woman of the Bab's eighteen “Letters of Living” as follows:

“Tahirih had caught fire. She set out for Karbila, hoping to meet Siyyid Kazim, but she arrived too late: ten days before she reached that city, he passed away. Not long before his death the Siyyid had shared with his disciples the good news that the promised Advent was at hand. "Go forth," he repeatedly told them, "and seek out your Lord." Thus the most distinguished of his followers gathered for retirement and prayer, for fasts and vigils, in the Masjid-i-Kufih, while some awaited the Advent in Karbila. Among these was Tahirih, fasting by day, practicing religious disciplines, and spending the night in vigils, and chanting prayers. One night when it was getting along toward dawn she laid her head on her pillow, lost all awareness of this earthly life, and dreamed a dream; in her vision a youth, a Siyyid, wearing a black cloak and a green turban, appeared to her in the heavens; he was standing in the air, reciting verses and praying with his hands upraised. At once, she memorized one of those verses, and wrote it down in her notebook when she awoke. After the Bab had declared His mission, and His first book, "The Best of Stories," (1) was circulated, Tahirih was reading a section of the text one day, and she came upon that same verse, which she had noted down from the dream. Instantly offering thanks, she fell to her knees and bowed her forehead to the ground, convinced that the Báb's message was truth”. (Abdu'l-Baha, Memorials of the Faithful, p. 193)

And Shoghi Effendi, the beloved Guardian of the Baha’i Faith relates what was her dream:

“With this historic Declaration the dawn of an Age that signalizes the consummation of all ages had broken. The first impulse of a momentous Revelation had been communicated to the one "but for whom," according to the testimony of the Kitáb-i-Íqán, "God would not have been established upon the seat of His mercy, nor ascended the throne of eternal glory." Not until forty days had elapsed, however, did the enrollment of the seventeen remaining Letters of the Living commence. Gradually, spontaneously, some in sleep, others while awake, some through fasting and prayer, others through dreams and visions, they discovered the Object of their quest, and were enlisted under the banner of the new-born Faith. The last, but in rank the first, of these Letters to be inscribed on the Preserved Tablet was the erudite, the twenty-two year old Quddus, a direct descendant of the Imam Hasan and the most esteemed disciple of Siyyid Kazim. Immediately preceding him, a woman, (2) the only one of her sex, who, unlike her fellow-disciples, never attained the presence of the Bab, was invested with the rank of apostleship in the new Dispensation. A poetess, less than thirty years of age, of distinguished birth, of bewitching charm, of captivating eloquence, indomitable in spirit, unorthodox in her views, audacious in her acts, immortalized as Tahirih (the Pure One) by the "Tongue of Glory," and surnamed Qurratu'l-'Ayn (Solace of the Eyes) by Siyyid Kazim, her teacher, she had, in consequence of the appearance of the Bab to her in a dream, received the first intimation of a Cause which was destined to exalt her to the fairest heights of fame, and on which she, through her bold heroism, was to shed such imperishable luster”.
(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 7).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(1). The "Ahsanu'l-Qisas," (means the best stories, the story of Joseph, in the Qur'an, 12:2) the Báb's commentary on the Surih of Joseph, was called the Qur'án of the Bábís, and was translated from Arabic into Persian by Tahirih.
(Cf. God Passes By, p. 23).
(2). Tahirih

jenniferatemple

Postby jenniferatemple » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:55 pm

You should shut down the new religion you founded if you believe the truths of the Baha'i writings. That you have been inspired to recognize the Baha'i Faith is wonderful! Now you need to promote those teachings as given by Baha'u'llah and not create a new religion based on those scriptures.

Return to “Discussion”