onepence

Helpful hints

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 pm

It appears a few people need a thread of their own
here let me be the first one to help a guest and shm out

here is a thread you can call your own
here you can give us helpful hints

thank you for your co-operation in this matter

in the future please try to stay on topic on the threads.

oneness
dh

onepence

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:50 pm

HEY shm ... I took the liberty of starting a thread for us ...
see how easy that was ... lol

feel free to post as many lenghty helpful hints as you like under this thread

I won't critize ya style

heck go drum up some cutesy wotesy little hints from helen if ya want
what the heck do I care ... lol ...

just please try to stay on topic on any future posts you may wish to enter

thanks ... lol ... you guys sometimes really give me a chuckle ... lol

oneness
dh

shm wrote:Once again heres another example of someone just talking to themselves.

Like I see the topic in the discussion and its called Hojjatieh Iran, and I think to myself, let me check this out, I open up the thread and the next thing u know there is long post by onepence, followed by 10 or so other long posts by onepence. This turns me off the thread Hojjatieh Iran, and I think to myself in my head screw this thread, who the heck is going to read 11 long posts made my the same person.

In a forum, u post a new topic in a compact short post, then u wait until others have seen the post and respond to it, and possibly answer the question that u had, then from there if u have further question or further input u make a reply

U dont:
Post a long post that will drain peoples energy from all the reading they have to do just to finish reading the first post of the thread
and then on top of that, continuously post replies to ur own self.

Just for ur info, nobody will want to read ur post if u do it like this

onepence

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:54 pm

All guests who wish to critque posters and or their threads
may enjoy doing their .. ehmmm ... service? ... on this thread
entitled "helpful Hints"

God Bless us all

oneness
dh

Anonymous wrote:I have not read this thread at all, but heres why I have not read it. This is just my input

If you are going to start a new topic, post a reasonable post and let others in the forum respond to it, and from there on u can start replying to one another.

This thread which I believe is called "combating racism" basically was started by onepence in huge post which I did not want to even bother reading, and there were many huge posts after that, and they werent by somebody else but they were from the person who created the thread which is onepence. It looks like ur talking to urself. This is a forum, there is suppose to be back and forth dialogue, if u post something, someone else must post a reply before u put up another post, or else ur talking to urself.

Like in this thread u posted a very long post, and then on top of that u posted like 10 more very long posts. I dont and I believe other as well dont want to read long posts, and them see that the next post is even longer and its by the same person who they just finished reading a long post by. And try to make ur posts as short as possible, it feels like torture when someone puts up a long post.

Just my input

onepence

Postby onepence » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:19 pm

I got hint for ya

Post on a subject
and then mayube somebody won't appear to be just talking to themselves.

I mean how hard is it to write

right on onepenece .... help us combat racism

tell me more tell me more

I mean just a few words of encourgement
but no ... the readers of this forum are too good to worry about racism
too good to offer encouragement

lol ... like I said in other writings ... how woefully sad it is that their are so few people willing to carry the message of Baha'u'llah ...

but hey what the heck do I care ... I am strong enough to out wit legions and legions of men armed to the teeth against the message of Baha'u'llah and I surely don't need any encouragement from anyone, especially anyone from this forum, to carry my Faith.

I mean it would be nice ... hey onepence thanks for reminnding us to combat racism ... but i don't need it, and btw have even, I am embaressed to say, grown accustomed to being attacked.

so yea ... post encouraging words on a subject and then you won't have to complain about some joker appearing to talk to himself ...

lol

fault lies within

oneness
dh

shm

Postby shm » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:46 pm

I apologize onepence for saying that ur talking to urself and stuff like that.
I have looked at ur thread on racism and it is actually very informing, I shouldnt have critisized u like, I apologize

I dont know why, but it just bothered me when I saw that there was a thread started by u, and u were the only one talking in that thread, and the posts were very long, and I was just thinking to myself "whos going to read all this, and why is this person continuously posting when nobody's replying"

I wasnt critisizing what the thread was about or what u wrote or anything

But now that Ive looked at the thread, I see what ur doing, ur listing all the events or any news related to eliminating racism and it is very informing, Once again I apologize for critisizing, but just from my own point of view, the posts are very long and thats what turns me off the thread, but maybe that cuz Im too lazy to read.

onepence

Postby onepence » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:11 pm

shm wrote:I apologize onepence for saying that ur talking to urself and stuff like that.
I have looked at ur thread on racism and it is actually very informing, I shouldnt have critisized u like, I apologize

I dont know why, but it just bothered me when I saw that there was a thread started by u, and u were the only one talking in that thread, and the posts were very long, and I was just thinking to myself "whos going to read all this, and why is this person continuously posting when nobody's replying"

I wasnt critisizing what the thread was about or what u wrote or anything

But now that Ive looked at the thread, I see what ur doing, ur listing all the events or any news related to eliminating racism and it is very informing, Once again I apologize for critisizing, but just from my own point of view, the posts are very long and thats what turns me off the thread, but maybe that cuz Im too lazy to read.

thank you shm for your note
both here and on the other thread

As you can tell I don't take critizem easy and, truth me known, I am currently in a very vunerable state cuz I got mentally and verbaly beat up on a different site ... so it is like I am super super sensitive at this moment ... and really just came to this little Discuss forum to rest and recuperiate ... and think about what I want to do next ...

I am sorting leaning towards starting a blog ... in some ways my run on threads like combating racism is just a blog ... but I don't know .... I kinda like the low key atmosphere here at the moment ... also I think that when the entry by troops really hits one of the first places the troops will swarm to is this site .... you know it got all the good pilgrim notes and all sorts of Writings that can only be found here ... so like I say it is likely that the troops will march through this site and I simply want to have a personal stake in the ground at this site ...

granted none of us can fathoom the earth shacking events that the entry of troops will themselves help create but at least I hopefully will have a pretty decent body of work the troops can refrence if they feel the need to.

I hope to remain freinds with you and all the good people at this site.

oneness
dh

brettz9

Postby brettz9 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:03 am

Dear Onepence (and Shm),

It's very warming to see a peaceful resolution to a disagreement here, with such frequent trolling, over- or under-sensitivity, and taking things personally (myself included). That's the kind of spirit we need here, so congratulations to both of you for eating some humble pie and sharing it with each other! :)

There are many reasons, onepence, that I do post as much, including to your often thoughtful contributions, many having to do with time limitations. I agree with Shm that you have made many useful contributions, but generally speaking, I agree that extensive discussions would be more suitable to find their expression in a blog, as we do not always have the time or energy to go through long posts (I have been known to do these myself, I know).

One reason I am too busy to respond as often as I would like is that I am trying to make some progress on the Text Browser project which I hope can eventually include integration (yet separation) of the Sacred Writings with personal blogs (as well as discussion forums, and possibly wikis)--since some people are in fact actively seeking out deep and well-expressed thoughts, essays, or even stories which can add insight to people's lives. (The idea would be to be able to add and correlate a blog, or discussion thread, etc. to a given verse of the Writings (or vice versa), so that one could either view both together or easily jump to the corresponding other.)

I too sometimes find my own frustration on what I perceive to be a lack of interest or even attention to listen (with a few encouraging exceptions) in a concept and beginning in a direction that I think could be quite useful to the worldwide Bahá'í community and others. However, as Bahá'u'lláh provides the hard-to-follow but useful advice in the Persian Hidden Words (no. 36), "The wise are they that speak not unless they obtain a hearing, even as the cup-bearer, who proffereth not his cup till he findeth a seeker, and the lover who crieth not out from the depths of his heart until he gazeth upon the beauty of his beloved." or from no. 5: "Let deeds, not words, be your adorning."

For a discussion forum, I would suggest either trying to help answer other people's questions or trying to seed a discussion as you have done with a short thought, article reference, or whatever, and wait and see if others have contributions--and if not, refer us to a blog for your further thoughts. (They can leave comments there too). Sometimes people may in fact be ready to contribute something, but find too many comments and feel overwhelmed to have to read all of the subsequent posts in order that they make sure they are not repeating something, etc. And, though you might not receive a response now, down the road someone may themselves start the thread you wanted to see, and you'll have your chance to make a contribution at that time when the time is ripe.

best wishes,
Brett

Return to “Discussion”