Ridvan 2012

All research or scholarship questions
onepence

Ridvan 2012

Postby onepence » Fri May 04, 2012 9:27 am

Dear Friends,

I would enjoy any and all thoughts and discussions we may develop about the Ridvan 2012 message from the Universal House of Justice.

Of Course the announcement of a Temples Fund at the Baha'i World Centre is beyond exciting for it will require uncommon levels of dedication and commitment from all aspects of society.

I also found it quite interesting that our Message also noted the "struggle for power which ultimately proves futile." I wondered about this, because it seems that all we see is the struggle for power.

Fortunately, just last night, i read from the autobiography of William Henry Randall of his reading of The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire and how Henry was inspired to further search for Truth when he read the following line

"A pure and humble religion gently insinuated itself into the minds of men, growing up in silence and obscurity, derived new vigor from opposition and finally erected the triumphant banner of the cross on the ruins of the Capital [of Rome}"

wow ... the Capital of Rome is gone and the triumphant banner of the cross lives on ... wow

for some, it is easy to see all the "struggle for power which ultimately proves futile."

for some, sweet surrender

thought, comments, suggestions

let us reason together

oneness
dh

[Edited by brettz9 to add link to Ridvan letter]

onepence

Re: Ridvan 2012

Postby onepence » Sun May 06, 2012 10:30 am

http://www.schreurs.nl/images/thumbs/posters/thumbs_300/red_naomi!_poster.jpg

the "flowers of true understanding" will spring up fresh and fair.

Return to “Discussion”