Can someone give me some advice/guidance

All research or scholarship questions
shm

Can someone give me some advice/guidance

Postby shm » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:26 pm

Im sorry I deleted the question I asked originally, I thought it was a stupid question after I looked at it 2hrs later and I thought that nobody would reply cuz it was a stupid question I asked but I was wrong so heres the original question, Im sorry I should not just switch up things like that. I would still appreciate any guidance cuz this is a problem that I have and am confused whether I should bother over it or not

I myself put alot of attention to the religion in which I believe in(ie Bahai Faith) and if there is a law in the Bahai Faith that I am aware of I will to the best of my ability accomplish it, or if the Bahai Faith says that we should be kind or be loving or what not if I read this in the writings and am aware that I have to be like that I will try to put it into action and it will always be in my conscious.
Now my older brother who is one year older than me(19yrs old) is not that strict in his actions regarding the Bahai attitude. Like he'll listen to music and get inspiration from there and I feel that he should be getting his inspiration from the Bahai Faith and not from some music that is tied up in materialistic things and the artist of who is lost in this world and is singing about it. And my brother doesnt see the mission or the uniqueness that Bahais have and I dont know but I dont think he always says his obligatory prayers and what not. In my view he hasnt developed this view or understanding of the Bahai Faith. Its not like he does bad things, whatever he does is okay like hes into setting up rosters in fantasy sports and into hockey and he listens to the radio station that is devoted to sports(AM640).
But I see all this as things he does cuz he doesnt understand the significance of the Bahai Faith, cuz once somebody gets the feel of the Faith the maple leafs and music by Linkon park or rap does not make sense and is not that important any longer
What I think he should be interested in is reading from the writings of the Bahai Faith and wanting to deepen and all this stuff but he doesnt even show signs of this and hes tied up with things that are going on around him. Like its not like he reject his religion or anything, he just doesnt have the view or the sense of it that I think hes suppose to

Whenever I reflect and think about the Bahai Faith, I think to myself that my brother doesnt even think these kind of thoughts.

I wouldnt care so much about this if this was a friend or a cousin or someone not related to me.

But this is my only brother that I grew up with, and when I see that he doesnt have the type of view that I have which is like a Bahai view I sometimes feel down and it automatically makes me feel down. Hes my older brother and I kind of expect him to understand more than me and to not be just tied up with TV and music and to understand the Bahai Faith more deeply and to put it into practise better and to care about the writings of the Bahai Faith more.

Ive came upon this hidden word "If the fire of self overcome you, remember your own faults and not the faults of My creatures, inasmuch as every one of you knoweth his own self better than he knoweth others."
And I think to myself that I shouldnt be thinking about my brother not being that deep and not caring about the Bahai Faith as much as I do, but hes my brother that I grew up with, and this Bahai way of life is the correct way and the most important thing, and when I see that he doesnt understand this I dont feel good, and I kind of want him to be like this.

Before I used to be just like my brother, like I didnt have this view of the Bahai Faith and all, like I would get upset at my mother or get angry and stuff without anything contraining me, but Ive realised from reading the Bahai writings that your suppose to be joyful, kind and considerate and all, and I have completely transformed. But my brother I see him as someone who hasnt understood yet and that he hasnt gone through this stage yet, and the fact that hes my older brother and that I expect him to understand more than me is what makes me feel not at rest with this.

Can anybody give me any advice, like should I just leave this thought about him alone, or is this just something that his character is like and my character is different. Am I doing the wrong thing by thinking about how hes not that understanding of the Faith. These feeling of mine about him come from within. Any advice or guidance will be very much appreciated

onepence

Postby onepence » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:40 pm

deleted

onepence

Postby onepence » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:50 pm

deleted

CJ

Postby CJ » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 am

shm;
just try not to focus on it too much because there's not a lot you can do. you are on your path and he is on his. just focus on yourself and making yourself a better person through the Faith. the only thing you can do is live your life and, as well you can pray for him.

shm

Postby shm » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 pm

thank you all for your advice it has helped me out
but the thing here is that I use to be just like my brother in the ways of my thought but my interests, thoughts and everything has changed once I began to see the Bahai view and attitude, and the fact that my brother isnt in this type of path of wanting to be a better Bahai is what bothers me,
I feel selfish when I am not thinking of my brothers not being a bahai type,

But anywho, I know that I should just take care of my own business and not worry about him, everyones different and so I should just worry about myself

Just a question: does anybody know of any stories about how AbdulBaha dealt with people who didnt have the faith in Bahaullah or how he dealt with or how he lived with covanent breakers, I thought that by maybe looking at how AbdulBaha dealt with others who did not have the same view and thought of himself I or we could learn from it

onepence

Postby onepence » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:37 pm

deleted

onepence

Postby onepence » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:25 pm

deleted

shm

Postby shm » Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:42 pm

I didnt mean to take this as far as covanent breakers, I just wanted to know how AbdulBaha dealt with people who he saw that didnt share the same view as him in general, whether it be a religious view or something else like how someone behaves, so that from his example I/we could learn how to deal with people that dont share the same view as me/us

majnun

ah gees !

Postby majnun » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:15 pm

Oh that, well, A.A did what he felt he had
to do, no matter what.
This compassion you have for others (your bro or
the "world") could be a trace of family contamination.

Valley 5 deals with the palpable torsions you will feel as you
begin to change, evoluate, while the rest of
society remains asleep (i.e. does not change).

You may also feel alone on your island,
as your own pace accelerate while the rest of
the pack do not see what you see. This transition
period should dissipate as you move toward the
dream zone, and the followings clean up stages.

A day will come when schooling and the magic
childhood period will be over,
and you will have to deal with the "world", all alone, by
yourself, in a few years. Fortunately this formation,
different from the classic ways, prepares how to
deal with it, with ease. Outside the warm, but distorting,
family cocoon, life will appear a bit colder.

Those who's are slightly chilled
need to be warmed by your renewed inner lights.
Maybe the "Fire" tablet could inspire you,
on this subject. In what tablets are you in now ?

In the meantime, do not attempt to wake up the
dead to feel you made a good action, it is futile.
A "fire" has to be lit in us first. The "help" features
will come naturally, after a few years. Be patient !

Majnun.

Return to “Discussion”