Looking for quote on power taken from Kings

All research or scholarship questions
misagh

Looking for quote on power taken from Kings

Postby misagh » Mon May 16, 2005 7:11 pm

Allah'u'Abha,

I'm looking for a quote I had read (I believe it was in Summons of the Lord of Hosts) wherein Baha'u'llah talks about taking the power away from the rulers of the earth and instead giving it to the people (or something to that effect). While they still exercise authority, the power is now in the people...

Anyone? Thanks in advance! The quicker I can get it, the better... I'm giving a fireside this Saturday!

- M

jimhabegger

Postby jimhabegger » Mon May 16, 2005 8:12 pm

"From two ranks amongst men," is His terse and prophetic utterance, "power hath been seized: kings and ecclesiastics."

(Shoghi Effendi, God Passes By, p. 230)

We have also heard that thou hast entrusted the reins of counsel into the hands of the representatives of the people. Thou, indeed, hast done well, for thereby the foundations of the edifice of thine affairs will be strengthened, and the hearts of all that are beneath thy shadow, whether high or low, will be tranquillized.

(Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 61)

Erelong will the state of affairs within thee be changed, and the reins of power fall into the hands of the people.

(Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 149)

misagh

Postby misagh » Mon May 16, 2005 9:18 pm

Thank you Jim! The specific quote I think I'm looking for wasn't among those you listed, but the first one among that list is particularly useful for my fireside! Thank you!

If I'm not crazy, and other quotes about this topic exist, please let me know!

Thanks again!!

Return to “Discussion”