Bimanism?

All research or scholarship questions
Zazaban

Bimanism?

Postby Zazaban » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:01 pm

So, I found what appeared to be a somewhat old (1920s-ish) book titled 'The Tome of Bim.' It claims to be the holy book of an ancient religion called Bimanism. I'd like to hear your opinion on it, I've copied the first bit of the "Tome" for you to see. I myself have never heard of them, but it seems like an interesting religion.

THE TOME OF BIM

The Book of Aristopolous

- Chapter One

1. Ye knoweth that the lord BIM hath created all.

2. Before the universe was created, BIM was all, and all was BIM.

3. BIM cameth with his holy hand of BIM, and swept upon the waters of nothingness, and created somethingness. That is the power of BIM.

4. When BIM created the universe, he first created Mars. On Mars he put many peoples. Then he decided it was not good, and destroyed them all. That is the power of BIM.

5. BIM then created the Earth—all you see, all you don't see. Earth was a soup of nothingness, a bottomless emptiness, an inky blackness. BIM's Spirit brooded like a bird above the watery abyss. That is the power of BIM.

6. Verily, in the Creation of the heavens and of the earth, and the succession of night and day: and in the ships that speed through the sea with what is useful to man: and in the waters which BIM sends down from the sky, giving life thereby to the earth after it had, been lifeless, and causing all manner of living creatures to multiply thereon: and in the change of the winds, and the clouds that run their appointed courses between sky and earth: there are messages indeed for people who use their reason.

- Chapter Two

1. BIM spoke: "Earth, generate life! Every sort and kind: cattle and reptiles and wild animals—all kinds." And there it was: wild animals of every kind, Cattle of all kinds, every sort of reptile and bug. BIM saw that it was good.

2. BIM spoke: "Swarm, Ocean, with fish and all sea life! Birds, fly through the sky over Earth!" BIM created the huge whales, all the swarm of life in the waters, and every kind and species of flying birds.

3. BIM spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature, so they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, and, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth." BIM created human beings; he created them godlike, reflecting BIM's nature. He created them male and female.

4. BIM spoke: “There is a face on Mars. A huge stone, human face: about a mile long, a half mile wide and a quarter mile high. If you believe this, others will laugh at you.”

5. But, the universe is arranged so that something like this is not surprising. Aliens exist, they have been here, watching you, for millennia, even eons; Atlantis is real; the gods of your ancient texts were visitors from other worlds;

6. Humans from planet Earth, humanoids from other worlds, were exploring this system in ancient times - it takes something like that for something like this to make perfect sense.

7. If, having vaguely heard of all of these and taken them less than seriously, as you're told to, you are suddenly struck, presented with the implications: that all that you hold dear, all of the commonly held, false beliefs about Man's place in the Universe, and what may or may not be out there.

8. All of this seems suddenly naive, and this frightens you. Then, laughter is your only recourse.

- Chapter Three.

1. Verily, in the Creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the succession of night and day, there are indeed messages for all who are endowed with insight.

2. BIM spoke to his people, "I've given you every sort of seed-bearing plant on Earth and every kind of fruit-bearing tree, given them to you for food. To all animals and all birds, everything that moves and breathes, I give whatever grows out of the ground for food." And there it was.

3. BIM came upon Man, and named him Adam Kadmon.

4. And BIM came to Adam Kadmon, and he spoke, “Yea, indeed, We have created you, and then formed you”

5. Then BIM said unto the angels, "Prostrate yourselves before Adam Kadmon!" - whereupon they all prostrated themselves, save Iblis: he was not among those who prostrated themselves.

6. And as for thee, O Adam Kadmon, dwell thou and thy wife in this garden, and eat, both of you, whatever you may wish; but do not approach this one tree, lest you become evildoers!"

- Chapter Four

1. Then BIM planted a garden in Eden, in the east, towards the land of Mu. BIM put the Man he had just made in it. BIM made all kinds of trees grow from the ground, trees beautiful to look at and good to eat. The Tree-of-Life was in the middle of the garden, also the Tree-of-Knowledge-of-Good-and-Evil.

2. A river flows out of Eden to water the garden and from there divides into four rivers. The first is named Pishon; it flows through Havilah where there is gold. The gold of this land is good. The land is also known for a sweet-scented resin and the onyx stone. The second river is named Gihon; it flows through the land of Myanma. The third river is named Hiddekel and flows east of Chosen. The fourth river is the Kimmat.

3. BIM took the Man and set him down in the Garden of Eden to work the ground and keep it in order.

4. BIM commanded Adam Kadmon, "You can eat from any tree in the garden, except from the Tree-of-Knowledge-of-Good-and-Evil. Don't eat from it. The moment you eat from that tree, you're dead."

I'll post the rest of the book eventually.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.
~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Re: Bimanism?

Postby British_Bahai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:23 am

Zazaban wrote:I'll post the rest of the book eventually.

make sure its okay to do that (e.g. copyrights, etc).

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:17 pm

british_bahai wrote:
Zazaban wrote:I'll post the rest of the book eventually.

make sure its okay to do that (e.g. copyrights, etc).

I wasn't aware holy texts of any religions were copyrighted.
Justice and equity are twin Guardians that watch over men. From them are revealed such blessed and perspicuous words as are the cause of the well-being of the world and the protection of the nations.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:41 pm

richard wrote: Also, with all due respect, the initial passages are not that profound or well written. Indeed, my honest first impression is that it was written by an atheist as a satire on the Bible and other religious texts.
hmm...now that you mention that, i can see what you mean.

For example,
3. BIM cameth with his holy hand of BIM, and swept upon the waters of nothingness, and created somethingness. That is the power of BIM.
&
5. But, the universe is arranged so that something like this is not surprising. Aliens exist, they have been here, watching you, for millennia, even eons; Atlantis is real; the gods of your ancient texts were visitors from other worlds;
&
3. BIM spoke: "Let us make human beings in our image, make them reflecting our nature, so they can be responsible for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle, and, yes, Earth itself, and every animal that moves on the face of Earth." BIM created human beings; he created them godlike, reflecting BIM's nature. He created them male and female.

LOL

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Certain translations of the bible do use phrases like that. But yes, I'm starting to think it's a joke.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:50 pm

Zazaban wrote:Certain translations of the bible do use phrases like that. But yes, I'm starting to think it's a joke.
it is quite funny though, when you re-read what theyve wrote :D

2. BIM spoke to his people, "I've given you every sort of seed-bearing plant on Earth and every kind of fruit-bearing tree, given them to you for food. To all animals and all birds, everything that moves and breathes, I give whatever grows out of the ground for food." And there it was.

BruceDLimber

Postby BruceDLimber » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:07 pm

Greetings!

As to the Baha'i opinion of the material posted here, a short quotation from the Baha'i scriptures sums up our position quite satisfactorily!:

37 “Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt, forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error, God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies. Nay, rather, follow the bidding of your Lord, the Almighty, the All-Wise.”

-- The Book of Laws,
p. 32

(This was written roughly 130 years ago.)

Simple as that!

Peace,

Bruce

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:22 am

Erm... what? Really? This was given to me by a friend, I must speak to him. He's played sick jokes on me before... :-?

~ Bahá'u'lláh

Fadl

Postby Fadl » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:52 pm

So....Zazaban, what gives? Were you just bored, making a spoof here, or what?

Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Loren wrote:So....Zazaban, what gives? Were you just bored, making a spoof here, or what?

Err, sorry I forgot about this. :oops:

Yeah, my friend confessed. He thought it would be funny to see if you would believe it. I've kindly asked him not to do it again.

~ Bahá'u'lláh

British_Bahai

Postby British_Bahai » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:57 pm

oi, zazaban... April 1st is coming up

:badgrin:

time to get even with this chump of yours...

Return to “Discussion”